Old 09-25-2016, 02:05 AM

You have a "Search Products" field on your catalog. It is in the top-middle of your page. I've looked for a customer facing product search in ecwid but I have not been able to find it, if it is an ecwid feature.

I'd encourage you to look into the google merchant product feed combined with google adwords. The rates are very reasonable. Ecwids integration with google merchant was one of the "must have" features that I looked for.

If you use the ebay integration, your ebay sales with show up in ecwid. I'm not sure but I suspect that this will make your ebay sales become "conversions" in google which will help your page rank. If this is the case, it will also move you towards becoming a "google trusted merchant". I have not figured out how to link ecwid to adwords ecommerce so I can not validate my theory.

Your *new arrivals* photos are much improved, btw. I'm glad you pointed them out to me.

Regarding facebook, I have not been successful selling through Facebook either.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:30 AM

Hi John,
Actually my search box is on the top left below my banner show. But on smart phones it shows in the center.
I use the theme Minamaze Pro, which allows you to add blocks of info throughout the page. Using a text editor in one block I added this script.

<script src="https://app.ecwid.com/script.js?STORE ID" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
xSearch("id=my-search-STORE ID");
// ]]></script>

I have been researching the Ebay integration since your first message, and do think that may work perfectly. I am not sure exactly how I will go about it, since many of my website's products are duplicate to Ebay, probably 'add then end' will work fine.

I have uploaded products to the Google product feed but never paid into it, and I do have an Adwords account, but no campaigns running at this time. My variety is so wide that keywords and categories are a bit overwhelming and I fear it would be wasting money.

Thank you again for your feedback, you are awesome!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:51 PM

Thank you for the script. I added it to my site and it works great!

I'm glad that the ebay integration may be a good fit for you. It is nice to set up the product once and have it show up on my website and on ebay. My experience is the same as yours, ebay is my primary online sales channel. I'm hoping to build up my online sales through my website.

The last time I ran a Shopping Adwords campaign I only got one click and it cost me 75 cents, impressions don't cost anything. My click didn't result in a sale but my products are one of kind so the Google Shopping seems like the best marketing to help my prospects find me. I just created new campaign because I got a Google coupon for $100 credit after a $25 spend. I suspect I won't get to $25 unless I get alot more products on my site. As it stands, I have 7 impressions and they are from my own tests. I have not had any clicks.

I just googled "Volcom Men's Manic Mod Multi-Colored" and you were the first organic result, but I've visited your site a lot so that may be why. Your ebay listing was #2.

I recommend checking out HubSpot, if you are committed to generating organic search results. They can be a bit pricey but they are experts at coaching for creating content (generally blog posts & information posts) posts that generate organic search traffic. I can see you do well with makeup on ebay. I imagine if you create pages about effective makeup and grooming tips that can get you started upping your page rank.

I appreciate you enthusiasm to build your own website. I'm hoping to find a community of ecwid users that we can give each other tips. I'm very excited about the ecwid solution.

Best regards, your enthusiasm and willingness to share are encouraging.

John
Old 09-27-2016, 08:10 PM

Well I upgraded from silver to business and am attempting to integrate my first product to Ebay. The set-up was easy and everything went smoothly. Unfortunately I got an error, which I did anticipated.
You are not opted into Business Policies. To continue using this feature please opt in using the following link: http://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/busin...icy/policyoptin

Dropped condition from Item specifics.

When I clicked on link I got this message
Welcome to business policies!
We are in the process of cleaning up and consolidating your business policies. This process can take several hours. Once completed, you will be automatically opted-in. Please check back in 8 hours.

So will check back in 8 hours.

We have a really high rating on Ebay and our fees are reasonable. We get a lot of free listings per month, so paying help from Hubspot and other SEO practices, is not economically feasible at this time. I am going to look into Adwords again , but the first time I tried it, with the coupon, $50. was used in a week and I received 1 sale. Albeit, my site was very amateur and slow back then.
Thanks for lighting a fire under my feet and getting me motivated to try new things. I really am excited about this Ebay integration. It may be worth spending $12.00 more a month on Ecwid.
Organic searches are a challenge. One of the issues I have is 404 errors due to making out of stock item invisible. Depending on the detail of your search, I have found many of my products on the first 2 pages of Google. Bing however, is terrible.
John

Update: 1 hour later product showed up on Ebay Worked beautifully. Now I have a lot of uploading and ending to do.

Last edited by Cozee; 09-27-2016 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Update
Old 10-17-2016, 06:15 PM

I just saw your post. I apologize I did not see it earlier.

I just sent you a direct message about my first ecwid/ebay sale. It worked great and it shows up in Google analytics as an eCommerce conversion.

Regarding out of stock items I just put them in a different "SOLD" category. This works for me since I generally only have one of any item. You might be able to create a "backorder" category.

I talked to Google and they said that in their merchant program "out of stock" is ok as long as your inventory counts are accurate that is what they want reflected in their system. Anything that has a quantity of zero will not be loaded into the nightly upload of products into Google. This means your items will not be shown in the Google Shopping results.

Regarding the coupon, I only advertise on the Google Shopping. I suspect you'll get better value for your adwords if you stick to shopping. You only pay for clicks, and the clicks go directly to your product page.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:06 PM

Hi John,

If you would like to get feedback from your target customers, the best way is to run User Experience testing on your website. First, select your target audience, write/select the tasks (i.e make them go through the purchase process) and then identify points of friction or areas for improvement .

What you will get:

1) Genuine (and sometimes brutal) feedback on your website

2) Find the bugs and bad UX you never knew were there (and then do something about it)

3) Know what to keep, ditch and improve on your site (and use this knowledge to make them convert more)

Give it a go and test your website UX for free.

Goodluck!

Jobert

Tags
customized, ebay, sote review