The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-10-2013, 07:29 PM
KineretT's Avatar
KineretT is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Default

SEO Script implementation for any site - questions


I've read and tried to implement your new sample script and instructions.
I have several questions:

1. In your instructions, you write

"Add the following code in the head section of the file (between the <head> and </head> tags) before title and description tags:"

Can you clarify - which file does this refer to? Should it be added to the ecwid_ajax_indexing.php file which was uploaded to my site's directory in the previous step, or are you referring to some other file it should be added to, and if so, which?

2. You also write
" Find the Ecwid widgets integration code and add the following code after it"

I assume you mean the product browser widget code which is placed on my index/shop page?
Should I insert the additional code in the header or the body?

3. Does the PHP script come in the same directory as my html pages?

Thank you
  #2  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Hi,

Please find my comments below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineretT View Post
1. In your instructions, you write

"Add the following code in the head section of the file (between the <head> and </head> tags) before title and description tags:"

Can you clarify - which file does this refer to? Should it be added to the ecwid_ajax_indexing.php file which was uploaded to my site's directory in the previous step, or are you referring to some other file it should be added to, and if so, which?
It refers to the file which is responsible for displaying the store page on your site - all the necessary changes are to be done in that file.


Quote:
2. You also write
" Find the Ecwid widgets integration code and add the following code after it"

I assume you mean the product browser widget code which is placed on my index/shop page?
Should I insert the additional code in the header or the body?
Right, it is about Ecwid product browser integration code. Add the mentioned code after your product browser integration code. Please also mind that the file should have 'php' extension, not 'html'.


Quote:
3. Does the PHP script come in the same directory as my html pages?
It is up to you where you place the 'ecwid_ajax_indexing.php' file. Please do not forget to specify the valid path in the 'include' statement in the code from the step 2:
Code:
include_once "PATH/ecwid_ajax_indexing.php";
There, you will need to put the exact path to 'ecwid_ajax_indexing.php' on your web server instead of PATH.
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #3  
Old 04-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Tony Esquino2's Avatar
Tony Esquino2 Tony Esquino2 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
Default

Have just implemented this & appears to be working.
Just remember to use the relative Url for the include_once "Path/ecwid_ajax_indexing.php";
ie "ecwid_ajax_indexing.php" & not "http://www.yourdomain.com/ecwid_ajax_indexing.php"
This will result in errors from your server
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony Esquino2 For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (04-15-2013)
  #4  
Old 04-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Esquino2 View Post
Have just implemented this & appears to be working.
Just remember to use the relative Url for the include_once "Path/ecwid_ajax_indexing.php";
ie "ecwid_ajax_indexing.php" & not "http://www.yourdomain.com/ecwid_ajax_indexing.php"
This will result in errors from your server
Thanks for sharing this.

To be more precise, it should be either absolute or relative file path (not URL) to the 'ecwid_ajax_indexing.php' file. So, depending on particular web server directories structure, it could be 'ecwid_ajax_indexing.php' or '../ecwid_ajax_indexing.php' or '/some_server_dir/my_home_dir/my_site_dir/ecwid_ajax_indexing.php' or './includes/ecwid_ajax_indexing.php' etc. In order to find out the exact path, your will need to either find out the web server directories structure yourself or ask your hosting support for advice.
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #5  
Old 12-24-2014, 02:52 PM
LITSCO's Avatar
LITSCO LITSCO is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 36
Default

Can someone please clarify the Steps in the Help file:
1161255-google-ajax-indexing-for-your-ecwid-store

Steps 1 & 2 are in the PHP server file
Step 3 & Advanced are in the actual Webstore file?

The confusing thing is that the example "Index file" referenced makes it appear as though all steps are in a single file.
  #6  
Old 01-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Arthur Belostotsky's Avatar
Arthur Belostotsky Arthur Belostotsky is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITSCO View Post
Can someone please clarify the Steps in the Help file:
1161255-google-ajax-indexing-for-your-ecwid-store

Steps 1 & 2 are in the PHP server file
Step 3 & Advanced are in the actual Webstore file?

The confusing thing is that the example "Index file" referenced makes it appear as though all steps are in a single file.
Hi,

As far as I can see, you've already came to or Live Chat with this question and one of our agents answered your question.
Please let us know if any further assistance is required.
We'll be glad to help you.
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:53 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.