The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:04 PM

Sizes? One product, multiple sizes... help!

I would like to sell the same t-shirt in multiple sizes on my store. Do I have to create a separate product for every size, in every design? Is there a way to have One T-shirt design, and have the customer indicate which size they are purchasing... such as a drop down menu perhaps? HELP!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Nelson View Post
I would like to sell the same t-shirt in multiple sizes on my store. Do I have to create a separate product for every size, in every design? Is there a way to have One T-shirt design, and have the customer indicate which size they are purchasing... such as a drop down menu perhaps? HELP!
Yep, add an option to the product to offer choices. Incidentally at the moment though you cannot track stock levels across the options, but it is coming soon.

http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853269/...-your-products
Old 12-22-2010, 11:10 PM

Hi, first of all, this is a GREAT shopping cart!

Any idea when this function of tracking inventory across options would be available? I am selling shoes and each design comes in different sizes. But the inventory count doesn't differentiate between the sizes. Since payment is automated, there is a very likely chance that customers would select a size which is actually out of stock, proceed to payment, and then be disappointed when they find that they can't have their shoes after all!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittershoes View Post
Hi, first of all, this is a GREAT shopping cart!

Any idea when this function of tracking inventory across options would be available? I am selling shoes and each design comes in different sizes. But the inventory count doesn't differentiate between the sizes. Since payment is automated, there is a very likely chance that customers would select a size which is actually out of stock, proceed to payment, and then be disappointed when they find that they can't have their shoes after all!
The very approximate date of releasing this feature is the end of January 2011, the very beginning of February.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 12-27-2010, 11:33 PM

Will this feature be available for basic plans or silver plans and up?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:09 AM

It will be for paying customers only - see http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...s?ref=comments

For the basic plan you could set up each t-shirt design as a separate category and each size as a distinct product. Then, depending on the display mode you choose, the sizes could show up one below the other. It might exceed the 100 product limit though. You could even add a category description using Javascript.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:43 PM

Question - I am REALLY new to this but not to web or shopping carts. I did search and this is the closest I came to what I was looking for.

what about a product in different sizes that also have different weights? For example a product comes in 16 - 8 - 4 - and 2 oz sizes and of course they weigh that much also. The pricing option works fine, but there is no way to change the weight of the product for accurate shipping purposes.

I will assume I would have to make the product a category and then have each one listed?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 01:13 PM

ah ha! Looked under the "ideas" area and see that this is coming.. so --- never mind.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lee View Post
ah ha! Looked under the "ideas" area and see that this is coming.. so --- never mind.
Yeah, this feature will appear in the next major version. It will be possible to assign a separate SKU, price, weight, quantity and image to each variation of product options.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 02-01-2011, 12:47 PM

Hi Eugene, and the test of the team

No pressure, just a general enquiry. You mentioned above that you hoped this product option feature could be released end of Jan beginning of February.

Very roughly speaking (as I know it will only be released when ready) how imminent are we? Still on schedule or delayed?

I am looking at a complete re-design of the site, and it will be an immense amount of work, but it will only be possible to do when this feature is released

Cheers

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
clothing, size options, t-shirts