Old 08-13-2017, 11:32 AM

Site Ownership verification

Hi I'm having problems verifying my site. It's says I'm not the owner and do not own this property on search console. I tried to verify over and over, downloaded the html code but unsure where exactly to upload the html on my site. It says it has the wrong content.
My store works fine from fb page and my store is linked to fb page.
I am not sure if Google has indexed my store yet or can it be indexed at all?

Please HELP!!
This is ny site url https://urallaboutthat.ecwid.com
Old 08-14-2017, 12:38 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

Edward here, Ecwid Team.

I have already sent you an email with a detailed reply to your questions.

I'll also post general information below in case other merchants will have similar questions.

As I understand, you are referring to adding a Starter Site to the Google Webmaster Search Console. Google WebMaster tool allows you to track your website's search performance, and thus analyze indexing and crawling of your web page.

You can find detailed information, as well as setup guidance, in the following Google support page: https://support.google.com/webmaster...#topic=3309469

One of the steps to sign up to the Google Console is to verify ownership of your site. As I can see, you tried to verify your Starter Site in Google by uploading the HTML verification file. The point is that the HTML file verification requires having access to the server side where you are able to upload a file. As of now, there's no way to do that on the Starter Sites.

Consequently, to complete your Ecwid store verification, we should use an alternate verification method. When it comes to Starter Sites, the only way to verify it is a so-called "Domain name provider" method. This is the only possible solution to verify ownership of the Ecwid Starter Site.

Please refer to this article to find the instruction on the verification via "Domain name provider": https://support.google.com/a/answer/48323

Furthermore, please let me explain how indexing works.

All Ecwid stores are automatically indexed by search engines, including Google. The point is that Google indexing machine might take up to 4-8 weeks to index brand new pages. This rule applies to every page on the internet, not just Ecwid. As you just recently registered your Ecwid account, your Starter Site is yet to be indexed by Google.

You can find more detailed information directly in Google FAQ: https://sites.google.com/site/webmas...ng#not-indexed

Even though your store page is automatically indexed by search engines, there are additional steps that you can take to improve your SEO results.

We have an option to form metadata based on a product name and a description. Using this option, you can create metadata for each product presented in your store.

Optimizing your website and store content and promoting your links in social pages, blogs, forums, etc. are able to drastically improve your website position in search engines.

Affiliate marketing, advertising, and answer sites are also proved to be effective in SEO.

There are many other ways to promote your store and raise it up to the top of search engines lists. You can learn more about them in the links below.

If you want to learn more about SEO in Ecwid, please take a look at these great articles:

I hope this helps.