Old 07-25-2017, 04:06 PM

I agree check box does not show up during checkout.

Please see this post: https://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=131754
I have eliminated "position: absolute:" but the I agree check box does not appear. Can you help me resolve this?

LakePowellgpsMaps.com
Old 07-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

Edward here, Ecwid Team.

We have replied to your email with a solution. In case someone else faces similar problems, I'll copy the message with the solution below

I’m sorry you’ve faced this problem again. I’ll be glad to help you resolve it.

I inspected your website with BrowserStack service and found out that there is a CSS rule in the mobile version of your website CSS theme which hides the checkbox for Terms and Conditions on mobile devices. You can always inspect the mobile version of your website with BrowserStack. To do it create a BrowserStack account, pick up a mobile device and choose Google Chrome as browser. Then enter your website address in the mobile device emulator and click “Devtools” (screenshot). And, finally, turn on the inspecting tool to start (screenshot). Please, follow my instruction on how to make the checkbox for Terms and Conditions visible on mobile devices.

The following CSS rule in the mobile version of your website CSS theme affects the checkbox:

Code:
input[type="radio"], input[type="checkbox"]:not(#commentNotify) {
    left: -999em;
    -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    box-sizing: border-box;
}
The line ‘left: -999em;’ is responsible for moving the checkbox from the visible area of the screen. If you delete the line, the checkbox will be displayed on mobile devices. The is no such a rule in the desktop version of your website CSS theme, and that’s why the checkbox is visible on computer screens. What you need to do is to open the file with the mobile version of your website CSS theme for editing and delete the line. The file is located at http://lakepowellgpsmaps.com/files/m...css?1433251728. Save the changes.

And that’s it. Now the checkbox for Terms and Conditions will be visible on mobile devices.

However, in case you want to keep the CSS rule from your main website theme, you can apply a CSS rule to your custom Ecwid theme as an alternative. Please, follow this instruction:

Go to Ecwid Control Panel → Settings → Design and open your custom CSS theme for editing.
Add this CSS rule to the theme:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-termsCheckbox span.gwt-CheckBox input[type="checkbox"] { left: 0; }
As a result, the checkbox for Terms and Conditions will be visible on both, mobile and desktop devices.

I hope this instruction will help you. In case you have any further difficulties, feel free to contact me anytime. I’ll be glad to help.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:32 PM

Thanks! Removing left: -999em; did not resolve it for me, even after clearing my browser, but changing my Ecwid theme did.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:44 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

Thank you for the update.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to sort this out.

As for adjusting the following code
Code:
input[type="radio"], input[type="checkbox"]:not(#commentNotify) {
    left: -999em;
    -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    box-sizing: border-box;
}
Have you tried to remove it from the website CSS theme located here http://lakepowellgpsmaps.com/files/m...css?1433251728 ? We tested it locally, and after deleting the code or changing it to "left:0", we were able to see the checkbox in the mobile view.

Alternatively, you could try to add this code to the Ecwid theme in Settings -> Design -> Edit theme
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-termsCheckbox span.gwt-CheckBox input[type="checkbox"] { left: 0; }
The same result was with this one when we tested it locally.

Anyway, I'm really happy to hear that the problem has been resolved. Good job!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:15 PM

My mistake. I removed the "Left:-999em;" but didn't add "Left:0;"
I stopped working on it because your other solution resolved my issue.
Thanks for your help!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lake Level Maps For This Useful Post:
Edward M. (08-01-2017)