The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:51 PM

Question

Customer sign up details

Standard "out of the box" customer account creation pop up asks only for a name, an email and a password.

How do I capture other vital details for my customer records, such as delivery address, phone number, best time to deliver, billing address if different to delivery address, name of organization and so on?

Good Guy
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Guy View Post
Standard "out of the box" customer account creation pop up asks only for a name, an email and a password.

How do I capture other vital details for my customer records, such as delivery address, phone number, best time to deliver, billing address if different to delivery address, name of organization and so on?

Good Guy
Ecwid doesn't ask any customer details during customer registration in order to make this process maximally easy.

All additional information, like shipping address, billing address, etc. customer should add only when s/he decided to place an order. Thus all additional information about customer in Ecwid is associated with the certain order, not a customer. Thus, you can get all required information in order details in Ecwid control panel -> Sales -> Orders -> See details button.

We believe that this solution makes customer's registration quick and easy.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 PM

I'm new to ecwid (freakin' awesome so far!) - my storefront is only asking for email and password - I'd like it to have name as well. Is it because mine is a free account right now?
Thanks!

**Update** never mind - I was looking at the sign in not the sign up box! I'm all set

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
account creation, customer details, customer record, delivery address, sign up