The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:50 AM

Smile

Discount coupons help needed please

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone can help me. I sell cards on my shop that are all the same price. What I would like to do is have a discount system in place that when they buy 5 cards (and this can be different products cards) that they get one free. I have had a look at the discount on the pricing of each product but this does not help because rather than putting a discount on just one product I want to be able to put "buy any 5 cards and get the next one free" of any of the cards on the website.

I have had a look at the Coupons section and this would work apart from I then want to put "buy any 10 cards and get 2 free" and so on. If I put on the coupons pay over £12.50 and get £2.50 discount, and another coupon for pay over £25.00 and get £5.00 discount, then the two look like they will not work together because someone may try to put both discount coupons in giving them too much discount!

Please can you tell me does Ecwid shopping cart only accept one coupon at any one time when someone checks out? as this would solve the problem.

Thank you to anyone who helps me on this.
Kind regards,
Sam Gill
Old 07-05-2012, 01:55 PM

The ability to set global discounts based on the order total will be released soon, it is being tested now, so the solution is on the go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
sam6 (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 02:10 PM

Smile Thank you

Hi Kess,

this is great news thank you and I look forward to when it will be released. Any ideas on time factor?
Thanking you
Sam
Old 07-05-2012, 02:11 PM

No exact ETA yet, but we'll do our best to release it as soon as possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
sam6 (07-06-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 08:25 AM

Hi Kess,
Thank you for your reply and I look forward to the release
On a different note, would you mind having a look at my shipping on my website www.photogreetingcards.samgill.co.uk because I want it set up so it adds 60p for first class post for every card. This works on some cards but not on others. Please can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Your help would be greatly appreciated on this because I have my big launch next week of the website and the shipping is not working for me.
Thanking you in advance,
Kind regards,
Sam
Old 07-06-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
This works on some cards but not on others.
Can you please let us know which exactly one?
Old 07-06-2012, 01:45 PM

Hi Eugene,
thank you very much for helping me. A lot of the cards under the beach category are not working with the shipping for example under the beach and sea side towns category: Beach - Image 2, Beach - Image 1, Beach - Image 3 and so on.
also under the Christmas Cards category ie: Berries - Image 2 and sporadic others. It also does not work out the special delivery on these too. I used to have free shipping for all cards but have changed this recently, I cleared my cache on my computer just in case it was remembering this but it has made no difference. Would it be the cache in Ecwid?
Once again thank you so much for your help.
Sam
Old 07-09-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam6 View Post
Hi Eugene,
thank you very much for helping me. A lot of the cards under the beach category are not working with the shipping for example under the beach and sea side towns category: Beach - Image 2, Beach - Image 1, Beach - Image 3 and so on.
also under the Christmas Cards category ie: Berries - Image 2 and sporadic others. It also does not work out the special delivery on these too. I used to have free shipping for all cards but have changed this recently, I cleared my cache on my computer just in case it was remembering this but it has made no difference. Would it be the cache in Ecwid?
Once again thank you so much for your help.
Sam
Some of your cards are still free shipping, as I have already informed you in the bugtracker. Attached is the list of such cards.
Attached Files
File Type: csv products_2012-07-09_09-02.csv (11.1 KB, 35 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
sam6 (07-09-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 AM

Hi Eugene,
What can I say, I am so sorry and how stupid of me! I thought they were all at Global settings but you are absolutely right, some of them did have free shipping set and I have now changed this.
Once again thank you so much.
After having changed the free shipping back to global on those items the shipping is working wonderfully.
I am very happy with the Ecwid shop and thank you for your support.
Kind regards,
Sam

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
discount coupons