The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:49 AM

How much php memory does require

Hi, I have been thinking to upgrade to the venture plan, but I only have 20 MB of PHP memory with my actual host. So before paying the first month I want to know the PHP memory limit. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mónica View Post
Hi, I have been thinking to upgrade to the venture plan, but I only have 20 MB of PHP memory with my actual host. So before paying the first month I want to know the PHP memory limit. Thanks.
Hello,
Terribly sorry for the radio silence!

To address the question (or in case someone else stumbles upon this thread with a similar one):

The store itself would hardly require any PHP memory with your hosting at all. This happens because of the structure of Ecwid: it's a SaaS (Software as a Service) solution, and AJAX application: so, all the code is executed on our servers on one hand, and on the other - your actual website would simply contain few lines of JavaScript on the page where you want your store to be located (our widget code), that will be executed by customer's browsers to actually display your whole store on this page of your website (and simulate different page loading by updating HTML of this page on the fly).

Also, you don't need a paid plan to create a functioning store with checkout and to add it to your website. So, I presume you've already tested it and sorted this out.

If you're referring to out plugin for WordPress.org or a different CMS - well, like any plugin it will require some PHP memory, for which other plugins for wp.org would compete as well. So, since even a simple sitemap of store with 1000+ products can occupy all 20MB of memory, in this case I would rather recommend adding the store with widget code, as mentioned above.

Hope this helps!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
memory, php