The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:43 PM

Exclamation

Using php script to calculate price

Well I'm starting to layout my shop, and one of they key features is the workflow of costumers when they buy our costumized products.

First of all I know that I need a premium account to get the upload feature working, but first need to know if I can calculate part of the final price with php script.

So, let me explain, we sell products than can be created by users through a .stl file. The idea is that our users choose, the color and quality, and then upload a file; this file is analyzed thorugh a php script to get some specs of the file and calculate the final price.

I already have the php script, so it can be integrated with ecwid?

Thanks a lot
Need advice please ASAP
Thanks again
Old 04-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

In order to dynamically calculate the product price and sell your goods with different cost each time, you will need user-entered price functionality, as in fact, your products will not have the price by default. This functionality will allow you to place any price for the products, including the price that will be calculated by external .stl script.

Currently, Ecwid allows to change products prices depending on product options/variations. Unfortunately, it is not possible to calculate the product price depending on user-entered values in the external script.

If you consider that functionality, which allows to set price for the product by customer should be added in Ecwid, please, vote for this idea here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...-entered-price and we will email you when it is released.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:07 PM

So I cannot use a php script to calculate the price in any way.

Thanks

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
calculate, file upload, php, script, stl