The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:27 PM

Please help me get rid of pop-up and error messages

Hi,

Unfortunally i ran into some problems. www.geboorteverhuurtwente.nl

When i go to the homepage and click at “open shopping bag” (rigt on the site in the widget bar) ,while there are no items in it, I get an error page and a pop up with the empty shopping cart. Why doesn’t it link to an empty shopping cart without pop up?

I’ve created some posts with productdiscription and inserted HTML product code so that peaople can add them to their cart from here as well. When I put an item in the shopping cart from a post and go to the shopping cart I also get a pop-up with a total amount of 0 Euro. When I click at kassa/checkout I get a message that something has changed at the site and then ecwid calculates the price of the product. After that I can go and check out. But at the end I don’t want any pop-ups.
Try this link please: http://www.geboorteverhuurtwente.nl/...raam-ooievaar/

Can you please help me solve this problem?

Last edited by M. Vos; 11-29-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
When i go to the homepage and click at “open shopping bag” (rigt on the site in the widget bar) ,while there are no items in it, I get an error page and a pop up with the empty shopping cart. Why doesn’t it link to an empty shopping cart without pop up?
Could you give me the screenshot that illustrates this problem?

Quote:
I’ve created some posts with productdiscription and inserted HTML product code so that peaople can add them to their cart from here as well. When I put an item in the shopping cart from a post and go to the shopping cart I also get a pop-up with a total amount of 0 Euro. When I click at kassa/checkout I get a message that something has changed at the site and then ecwid calculates the price of the product. After that I can go and check out. But at the end I don’t want any pop-ups.
In order to show the cart content on the page you should use ecwid_ProductBrowserURL parameter. Please, refer to this page for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853260/...ductBrowserURL

As regards incorrect total value, this is the known issue, actually. The correction will be enrolled as soon as the problem is fixed.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
Could you give me the screenshot that illustrates this problem?

In order to show the cart content on the page you should use ecwid_ProductBrowserURL parameter. Please, refer to this page for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853260/...ductBrowserURL

As regards incorrect total value, this is the known issue, actually. The correction will be enrolled as soon as the problem is fixed.
Hi Maya,

apparently the first problem solved itself. Strange but true.

I'll look at the link you sent me.

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:43 AM

Ok now i have the next issue.

I did put 1 or more items in my shopping cart.

Next i go to a page in the main menu of www.geboorteverhuurtwente.nl, for example the page "bezorgen".

Now i click at the shopping cart in the widget menu to go to the check out.

When i do this i get a pop-up and a error message at the page underneath it.

What can i do to not get the pop-up?

See attachment or you can maybe try it yourself.

Regards,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1692  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Thank you for detailed explanation of your problem. I have checked your site and found out the ecwid_ProductBrowserURL is linked to the page "http://www.geboorteverhuurtwente.nl/store/" that doesn't have Product Browser script installed.

When you install Ecwid plugin for WordPress, it automatically creates a ready-made store page for you (typically located at /store/ slug, but it may differ if you already had the /store/ page prior to installing or if the human-readable URLs are not enabled in your store). This page serves as the main location of your store from now on, and the plugin remembers its location to correctly redirect the customers clicking your minicart or categories anywhere or using product search on any page of your Wordpress site. That is why ecwid_ProductBrowserURL parameter is also contain the link to the autocreated page.

Most probably, you have manually moved the Ecwid integration code from /store/ page of your site to site's home page. But the "ecwid_ProductBrowserURL" parameter has not been change. That is why your customer doesn't redirects to the store page correctly and cart page shows in the pop-up window.

Please, refer to this article for details how to fix it: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853324/...dificationcode

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
check-out, page, pop-up, post