The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:52 PM

Smile

Finally gone live with my store!

Ok, after much pfaffing around, I've finally opened my store to the public!

Check it out here - http://love4lfc.com/shop/

Happy to have got to this stage :-)

Would be great to get feedback from anyone who would like to visit it and especially anything that doesn't work or can be improved.

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:52 PM

Hi

I've just had a look and I think it is Fabulous. I have been trying to figure out all this css stuff and I havn't managed to get anything to work yet. I'm just going around trying to get ideas.

I don't suppose you would let me copy your css to see what it would look like?

Steve
Old 07-20-2011, 03:26 PM

Love it!
Thanks for showing how to translate the site using JQuery option in Google Translate. I hadn't realised you could do that!

The only thing I would improve is the white background of most of the category images against the black of the site.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:13 PM

Actually how did you get the pages to refresh when they load with Google Translate so that you get the translated product descriptions coming up?
Old 07-21-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Adams View Post
Hi

I've just had a look and I think it is Fabulous. I have been trying to figure out all this css stuff and I havn't managed to get anything to work yet. I'm just going around trying to get ideas.

I don't suppose you would let me copy your css to see what it would look like?

Steve
I'm not sure if that would help you as the changes are tailored to fit my theme, however, send me a private message with your email address and I'll see what I can do
Old 07-21-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slice View Post
Love it!
Thanks for showing how to translate the site using JQuery option in Google Translate. I hadn't realised you could do that!

The only thing I would improve is the white background of most of the category images against the black of the site.
Thanks for the feedback, appreciated. I agree with the category images, but I've been restricted by what was available to me so am having to make to with that...for the time being.

As for the Google Translate...I have a wordpress widget i was already using on the rest of my site. It also works fine with the ecwid store The widget is called - Google Translator.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:44 PM

Interesting!
I was using a google translator module (mod_gtranslate) on Joomla that didn't work on ecwid. I changed it to use AJAX Google Translator (mod_ajax_google_translator) and hey presto!

Clear bag though gets translated as 'sac transparent' so use with care!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:14 PM

Hello Slice,
I am new and learning most of the stuff so please bear with me if I sound too silly wiht my questions. The Ajax Google Translator module that you talked about ...I can install it from Joomla Backend but then does it work on pages rendered by Ecwid as well..does it get integrated by itself...or do I need to do anything for Ecwid separately..and if so..can you help me with some instructions on how to do that.
Thanks,
Bhupinder
Old 08-24-2011, 03:34 PM

Hi Bhupinder,

Yes just install it in Joomla Backend and everything should work (at least it did with me).
Old 08-24-2011, 03:48 PM

Thanks Slice! That sounds straightforwrd and easy. I was looking for that module and couldn't find it. Can you direct me to the link where the AJAX one is available.
Thanks!
Bhupinder

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.