The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:29 AM

PayPal not working in ECWID?

Hi,

PayPal Express Checkout seems to have vanished from the options available to us in our ECWID Store, for processing Credit Cards. However, the PayPal Website Payments Standard is still available but the Express Checkout is not.

Can you please advise if this option has been removed from ECWID and if so, why were we not notified as this has hampered business for us.

Regards,

G4X
Old 09-20-2011, 12:41 AM

Screenshot to back it up:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=nnsls6&s=7
Old 09-20-2011, 02:35 AM

Paypal Express is a separate tab like Google Checkout. See screenshot:

Old 09-20-2011, 08:47 AM

PayPal Express Checkout was and remains available to all Ecwid users. Its setup and the switch to enable it is located in the separate PayPal Express Checkout tab in the Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Payment. The reason for this is that PayPal Express Checkout and Google Checkout both create their own separate checkout button in the shopping bag of your storefront, each leading to the specific checkout steps of those gateways. To emphasize this separation we put the setup of PayPal Express Checkout and Google Checkout into separate tabs, apart from the other payment methods in Ecwid that do not create their own checkout process and can be integrated inside the Ecwid's usual checkout steps.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:27 AM

Hi,

We have had it setup like that and it was working no problem up until yesterday. With no intervention from us on the API settings it has simply "vanished" as an option.

We have this thread going on the Facebook wall of ECWID: http://www.facebook.com/EcwidShoppin...50294165791229

Last edited by G4XOnline LTD; 09-20-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:35 AM

I can see the PayPal Express Checkout in your Ecwid control panel now, it is currently set up correctly and appears for me as a checkout option in your shop.

Can you please explain, what exactly you mean by saying 'vanished'? Did the settings tab disappear in your Ecwid control panel, or was it visible but your data in it missing, or was just the button not visible in the storefront while the settings in the control panel were still there?

Also, did you restore your PayPal Express Checkout settings yourself or maybe you didn't do anything?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:56 AM

Hi Eugene,

All our API Settings are present and correct in our ECWID Paypal Express Checkout Account Details.

We had, up until recently, set up the site to allow for people to just press "Checkout With Paypal" and we also had the option for them to press Checkout, and enter their details without leaving the site.

Now however, despite changing nothing in our configuration, we are only able to send them to Paypal.

Last edited by G4XOnline LTD; 09-20-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:35 PM

Exclamation

Hi,

Is there any way we can ring someone and discuss this or possibly e-mail as it is pretty crucial to our website.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4XOnline LTD View Post
Hi Eugene,

All our API Settings are present and correct in our ECWID Paypal Express Checkout Account Details.

We had, up until recently, set up the site to allow for people to just press "Checkout With Paypal" and we also had the option for them to press Checkout, and enter their details without leaving the site.

Now however, despite changing nothing in our configuration, we are only able to send them to Paypal.
You have already got an answer on Facebook.

All PayPal based payment methods in Ecwid were always redirecting the customers to PayPal secure site and they do so by now. PayPal Express Checkout redirects to PayPal secure payment site right away as customer clicks the yellow Checkout button; PayPal Website Payments Standard does so after the order is confirmed and placed in Ecwid.

The PayPal Website Payments Pro payment method that allows customers to input their payment credentials right on your site is yet to be implemented in Ecwid; please vote for this idea to get it implemented sooner: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...payment-option

Once you set up PayPal Express Checkout in its tab in the Ecwid control panel, you don't need to add it specially among other payment methods. Once you activate PayPal Express Checkout in its tab, it is already available in your storefront as a checkout option. In my reply above I outlined for you why we separate the setup of PayPal Express Checkout and Google Checkout from the other methods.

Currently in your shop I can see that PayPal Express Checkout is workking properly, no need to take any additional actions over it.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:05 PM

this has happened in my store now too.

The api information is there, nothing has changed, it was working, now when you click express checkout through paypal you get an error. I am losing business as a result.

http://www.soul2soultarot.com/readings.html

as I said, the button is there, but when you click to check out via express it doesn't work and all my info in api is entered and was working just fine..

Help?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
paypal and ecwid, paypal not working