The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:31 PM
This Way to Heaven:2660149@deleted's Avatar

Joomla Login and Ecwid

http://thiswaytoheaven.com/luxury-sc...gs-shop-online

Hello

I installed the Ecwid-Joomla Plugin - working fine

However my Ecwid store does not recognise the Jooma login and asks me to sign in to the Ecwid store every time.

I need Ecwid to pick up the Logged in user from Joomla 3.3, to complete the purchase

Please advise at your earliest convenience.

Thank you
Old 04-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Way to Heaven View Post
http://thiswaytoheaven.com/luxury-sc...gs-shop-online

Hello

I installed the Ecwid-Joomla Plugin - working fine

However my Ecwid store does not recognise the Jooma login and asks me to sign in to the Ecwid store every time.

I need Ecwid to pick up the Logged in user from Joomla 3.3, to complete the purchase

Please advise at your earliest convenience.

Thank you
Hello,

As far as I can see you have installed our official Ecwid-Joomla Plugin and it works fine.

It doesn’t allow you to recognise the Joomla login and asks you to sign in to the Ecwid store every time. That’s right.

In order to get functionality that allows to login customer into Ecwid store, when s/he was logged into your site, you should install one more plugin.

One of our customers has created and shared with us a Single Sign-on plugin for joomla!
All you need is just to install it, setup and enable plugin to get your ecwid store login integrated with joomla!

Please refer to this thread to know more about this plugin: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7297
Old 04-10-2014, 02:35 PM
This Way to Heaven:2660149@deleted This Way to Heaven:2660149@deleted is offline

Hi Sergey

I have now applied the SSO plugin which works OK.

Now I have another problem:
How do I get the Joomla Registered User, to be automatically put into the MEMBERS group I have created?

So if a user registers with us and wants to buy immediately (at the group discount) they would need to be automatically assigned to the group - MEMBERS.

How can I make that happen?
Old 04-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi Sergey

I have now applied the SSO plugin which works OK.

Now I have another problem:
How do I get the Joomla Registered User, to be automatically put into the MEMBERS group I have created?

So if a user registers with us and wants to buy immediately (at the group discount) they would need to be automatically assigned to the group - MEMBERS.

How can I make that happen?
In fact, the plugin works such way that allows users registered in Joomla not to register in Ecwid. Since you have installed this plugin - this procedure works in full force and all customers logged into Joomla will get account in your Ecwid store automatically.

Unfortunately it is not possible to move already registered Joomla users to Ecwid. They should login with Joomla once to get an Ecwid account. After that you will be able to assign it to any member group.

I agree that it could be useful in some cases to add member status to new created via SSO customers automatically. There is no such built-in functionality in Ecwid now. We’ll think how we can bring this idea to life in future.

As for now, you can move your new customers in “members group” manually.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:39 PM
This Way to Heaven:2660149@deleted This Way to Heaven:2660149@deleted is offline

Thank you Sergey

It is a pain to have to do it this way
So I look forward to an alternative solution

Many thanks
Marc
Old 04-28-2014, 11:17 AM

Hi Sergey
Re: your comment: As for now, you can move your new customers in “members group” manually.

Could you please tell me how I can do this.
I cannot find out how to add a customer in Ecwid, manually.

Many thanks
Marc
Old 04-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi Sergey
Re: your comment: As for now, you can move your new customers in “members group” manually.

Could you please tell me how I can do this.
I cannot find out how to add a customer in Ecwid, manually.

Many thanks
Marc
Hi, Marc

I'm sorry for misleading you. Customer’s account can be created during registration in your storefront only. It is not possible to register new customers manually in Ecwid store.
All new customers registered in your store get “general customer group” automatically, but you can move him/her in any custom “members group” manually in your Ecwid control panel.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.