The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Jeff Palumbo1's Avatar
Jeff Palumbo1 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
Question

Digital Comic Book Delivery System


Hello ECWID Community!

I just signed up for the free account and I'm looking to bump up to Unlimited. However, there were a couple questions I couldn't find the answers to that I was hoping the community may be able to help on. I want to offer both digital reading (from store to "library on site or on app") and PDF download. So, here are my questions:

1) Does ECWID allow for upload of PDF to be sold in a store? I would think yes but I have no clue how from what I can find on the site and I can't find a store doing it today.

2) I want to see both digital content (to the app) AND/OR PDF downloads. How can I set up my store to allow the original PDF (from question 1) become 2 different items to be sold?

3) When publishers load their content on my site (publisher platform) I should be able to create an API which automatically loads that content into the store, correct?

4) Finally, for comics, I want people in my store to be able to search by genre, title, publisher, artist, etc (just like Amazon does). Creating the categories seems easy enough but can I link sub-categories to main categories? For example, my title is called Chimera. The genre is Horror, publisher is Spinwhiz and name is Jeff. Those are 3 different categories but all the same piece of content. How do I do that?

Thanks all for your help!

Best,
Jeff
  #2  
Old 03-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Cyril D's Avatar
Cyril D Cyril D is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ecwid HQ
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Palumbo1 View Post
Hello ECWID Community!

I just signed up for the free account and I'm looking to bump up to Unlimited. However, there were a couple questions I couldn't find the answers to that I was hoping the community may be able to help on. I want to offer both digital reading (from store to "library on site or on app") and PDF download. So, here are my questions:
Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Palumbo1 View Post
1) Does ECWID allow for upload of PDF to be sold in a store? I would think yes but I have no clue how from what I can find on the site and I can't find a store doing it today.
Yes, it does! You can easily upload and sale any digital content in your Ecwid store. Learn about managing e-goods in Ecwid here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...163931-e-goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Palumbo1 View Post
2) I want to see both digital content (to the app) AND/OR PDF downloads. How can I set up my store to allow the original PDF (from question 1) become 2 different items to be sold?
If I understand your question correctly you want to sell both versions of a book paper and digital. You can easily create a product with two options—a printed book and ebook, upload a PDF as I answered in your first question and start selling.

Please mind, after customer buys this book, the PDF file will be dispatched regardless of which option your customer chooses.

If you want to prevent that, I can suggest you two workarounds.

The first and the easiest way to do that is creating individual products for a paper book and its digital copy.

The second method is to keep one product with two options (ebook and printed version) and to write a script which is, based on order information, will send a link to the digital copy. Please note, in this case you need to store all digital copies on your own server.

This development will use our Webhooks service: http://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation#webhooks to send a notification about an order to your script. After that your script will be able to get detailed information about the order via our Order API: http://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation#orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Palumbo1 View Post
3) When publishers load their content on my site (publisher platform) I should be able to create an API which automatically loads that content into the store, correct?
Absolutely. Check out Ecwid API page: http://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation and its Upload Product File section: http://developers.ecwid.com/api-docu...d-product-file for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Palumbo1 View Post
4) Finally, for comics, I want people in my store to be able to search by genre, title, publisher, artist, etc (just like Amazon does). Creating the categories seems easy enough but can I link sub-categories to main categories? For example, my title is called Chimera. The genre is Horror, publisher is Spinwhiz and name is Jeff. Those are 3 different categories but all the same piece of content. How do I do that?
In order allow your customers to use different filters for search is creating product filters powered by our Faceted Search API. You can learn about it here: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29375
__________________
Cyril D.
Ecwid Customer Care Team

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Last edited by Vitaliy G; 01-04-2016 at 12:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
Jeff Palumbo1 (03-12-2015)
  #3  
Old 03-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Jeff Palumbo1's Avatar
Jeff Palumbo1 Jeff Palumbo1 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirill Dvoryanskov View Post
Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting us!



Yes, it does! You can easily upload and sale any digital content in your Ecwid store. Learn about managing e-goods in Ecwid here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...163931-e-goods



If I understand your question correctly you want to sell both versions of a book paper and digital. You can easily create a product with two options—a printed book and ebook, upload a PDF as I answered in your first question and start selling.

Please mind, after customer buys this book, the PDF file will be dispatched regardless of which option your customer chooses.

If you want to prevent that, I can suggest you two workarounds.

The first and the easiest way to do that is creating individual products for a paper book and its digital copy.

The second method is to keep one product with two options (ebook and printed version) and to write a script which is, based on order information, will send a link to the digital copy. Please note, in this case you need to store all digital copies on your own server.

This development will use our Instant Order Notifications API: http://api.ecwid.com/#instant-order-notifications to send a notification about an order to your script. After that your script will be able to get detailed information about the order via our Order API: http://api.ecwid.com/#orders



Absolutely. Check out Ecwid API page: http://api.ecwid.com and its Upload Product File section: http://api.ecwid.com/#upload-product-file for more details.



In order allow your customers to use different filters for search is creating product filters powered by our Faceted Search API. You can learn about it here: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29375
This is quite possibly the most helpful and informative response I have EVER received on ANY forum. Thank you so much. I look forward to becoming a business partner with ECWID and developing my store. We should launch in mid-May.

THIS IS WHAT I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Palumbo1 For This Useful Post:
Cyril D (03-12-2015), Liza P (03-12-2015)
  #4  
Old 03-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Cyril D's Avatar
Cyril D Cyril D is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ecwid HQ
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Palumbo1 View Post
This is quite possibly the most helpful and informative response I have EVER received on ANY forum. Thank you so much. I look forward to becoming a business partner with ECWID and developing my store. We should launch in mid-May.

THIS IS WHAT I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Thank you for your response Jeff! I am very glad to hear that my answer was helpful.

Please, feel free to contact us again. We are always glad to help!
__________________
Cyril D.
Ecwid Customer Care Team

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
Jeff Palumbo1 (03-12-2015)
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
building, categories, comics, pdf

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.