The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Fill Pza's Avatar
Fill Pza is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10
Default

Coupons for Free shipping


Coupons codes for free shipping not adhering to rules of shipping zones.

anyone who puts in my coupon code for free shipping can checkout regardless if they are in my designated shipping zones.

California is not somewhere I ship to. User will be told, at checkout, we dont ship to this location. however if say customer adds coupon code for free shipping they can checkout and complete the order.

How can I prevent this?

shopping cart.

http://www.victorpet.com/#!sport-dog-food-store/ci6h

coupon code FREESHIP
city state zip that we DO NOT ship to: Hollywood CA 90078

Last edited by Liza Savelyeva; 08-26-2013 at 08:01 AM.
  #2  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Liza P's Avatar
Liza P Liza P is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fill Pza View Post
Coupons codes for free shipping not adhering to rules of shipping zones.

anyone who puts in my coupon code for free shipping can checkout regardless if they are in my designated shipping zones.

California is not somewhere I ship to. User will be told, at checkout, we dont ship to this location. however if say customer adds coupon code for free shipping they can checkout and complete the order.

How can I prevent this?

shopping cart.

http://www.victorpet.com/#!sport-dog-food-store/ci6h

coupon code FREESHIP
city state zip that we DO NOT ship to: Hollywood CA 90078
Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I have reported this to our engineers, they will investigate the issue and I will get back to you with the update.

As far as I can see in your store you used coupons to provide free shipping only for certain products, is this correct? In this case I can suggest you using free shipping freight setting which can be enabled for for products individually, in your control panel on the Catalog -> Products -> Product details page, Tax and shipping tab. With this setting the shipping methods for these products will be taken from the settings at System Settings -> Shipping, i.e., the customer will receive those methods that correspond to his/her location (shipping address) with zero rate. Please, refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853310/...ingfreightnbsp
__________________
Liza P.
Customer Care
Ecwid Help Portal
  #3  
Old 08-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Fill Pza's Avatar
Fill Pza Fill Pza is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10
Default

Thank you for the reply. Yes, we use the free shipping settings for individual products when necessary however it does not apply to my reported problem with the coupon code.

I only ship to a designated area defined by my zones. I use a coupon code for free shipping over $50. I choose to use a coupon code instead of custom shipping tables because in prevents customers from combining coupon codes. In other words, they can use a coupon code for $5.00 off or they can use a coupon code for free shipping over $50 - not both. However, when the customer enters the coupon code FREESHIP the cart completely bypasses all of my zones and they are able to checkout regardless. Thank you for your help.

Cedar Park, Texas, 78613 was just able to checkout using code FREESHIP. Texas is not listed in any of the zones in my enabled shipping methods.

To me, it looks like Free shipping (coupon: 'FREESHIP') is in fact considered a delivery method but does not have any pre-defined zones.

Last edited by Liza Savelyeva; 08-27-2013 at 06:58 PM.
  #4  
Old 08-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Liza P's Avatar
Liza P Liza P is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fill Pza View Post
Thank you for the reply. Yes, we use the free shipping settings for individual products when necessary however it does not apply to my reported problem with the coupon code.

I only ship to a designated area defined by my zones. I use a coupon code for free shipping over $50. I choose to use a coupon code instead of custom shipping tables because in prevents customers from combining coupon codes. In other words, they can use a coupon code for $5.00 off or they can use a coupon code for free shipping over $50 - not both. However, when the customer enters the coupon code FREESHIP the cart completely bypasses all of my zones and they are able to checkout regardless. Thank you for your help.

Cedar Park, Texas, 78613 was just able to checkout using code FREESHIP. Texas is not listed in any of the zones in my enabled shipping methods.

To me, it looks like Free shipping (coupon: 'FREESHIP') is in fact considered a delivery method but does not have any pre-defined zones.

Hi,

I have already reported this issue to our engineers and will update you as soon as I get any information.

Quote:
I only ship to a designated area defined by my zones. I use a coupon code for free shipping over $50. I choose to use a coupon code instead of custom shipping tables because in prevents customers from combining coupon codes. In other words, they can use a coupon code for $5.00 off or they can use a coupon code for free shipping over $50 - not both.
I see, a possible temporary workaround would be setting up shipping table based on subtotal to provide free shipping for all orders over $50. This solution has a drawback, like you said, the customers will be able to apply coupons for orders with subtotal over $50 and get the $5 dollar discount. However this setting will definitely solve the issue you are experiencing with free shipping coupons at the moment. Please, consider this workaround as temporary way out.
__________________
Liza P.
Customer Care
Ecwid Help Portal
  #5  
Old 08-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Fill Pza's Avatar
Fill Pza Fill Pza is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10
Default

Thank you - please update me when you hear back from engineers. Keep having to cancel orders. Got ones from New Mexico and Oregon today. I am not permitted to ship outside my my designated territory (as set in my zones)
  #6  
Old 09-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Liza P's Avatar
Liza P Liza P is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fill Pza View Post
Thank you - please update me when you hear back from engineers. Keep having to cancel orders. Got ones from New Mexico and Oregon today. I am not permitted to ship outside my my designated territory (as set in my zones)
We are glad to inform you that the issue has been fixed. Now, the coupon for free shipping applies correctly, according to the destination zones settings. Please check and let us know if you have any questions.
__________________
Liza P.
Customer Care
Ecwid Help Portal
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:18 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.