The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:29 PM

How can I link to a particular product / category?

I have searched but have not found a workable explanation as to how you would copy the URL of a active product if the category for that product is disabled and not visible in the store.
PLEASE, can someone let me know how this is done? It must be simple and I just can’t see it!

None of the similar threads have a solution.

How can I link to a particular product / category?
• Open your store.
• Go to the necessary product or category. [This is not visible if it is hidden?]
• Grab the URL from the address bar of your browser. It's a URL of the opened product/category. Use it to link to it.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:45 PM

You can enable it temporarily and copy the URL while it is enabled.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:05 PM

Eugene,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I figured that out but it is very inconvenient and would allow it to be visible for a short time. Then you have the issue of remembering to disable it. I will be posting dozens of links to hidden product each day.
Will ECWID fix this issue by providing a back end view of disabled products or some other method of hiding a product or category? I have seen several threads and many posts request for this option?
Can we make this a priority fix?
It seems like a reasonable request and probably an easy solution could be found. The use of hidden products is critical to the operation of my site. One of the reasons that I chose ECWID is that the knowledge base says it can be done!
Old 01-10-2012, 04:55 AM

It's possible to get the categoryID/productID and build the URL by inspecting the "Preview" pop up, below the "Save" button on category/product pages.

For example:

- Just created a new product. (Say its ID is 012345)
1. Open "Preview product" pop up
2. Right click > Inspect element, over the product name. In the left panel, some lines above the highlighted one you'll see this line:
Code:
<div class="ecwid-productBrowser ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-012345">
3. Grab another's product URL of the same category:
http://www.example. com/#ecwid:category=67890&mode=product&product=999999
4. And replace the productID:
http://www.example. com/#ecwid:category=67890&mode=product&product=012345

Same goes for categories, except that the line you look for is:
Code:
<div class="ecwid-productBrowser ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage-012345">
Hope this doesn't sound too difficult, it really isn't. I use it because I've disabled the ecwid navigation on my site, that has nothing to do with hidden categories or products. So this is just a workaround to build URLs in the back end.

BTW, facebook links are a bit different.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:37 PM

Thanks, That works great. I will use this untill there is something better.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:43 PM

Default link to a particular product

Instructions here do not work. Has something changed since they were posted? Anyone know how to do this?
Old 03-21-2016, 12:44 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Ignace Music View Post
Instructions here do not work. Has something changed since they were posted? Anyone know how to do this?
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your question!

As far as I can see, your account (StoreID 7633566) was registered via your hosting company - Sitebuilder.com, who is a partner of Ecwid.

On the sites registered via Sitebuilder Ecwid is added as an iframe (it is like a site within site, please check for more information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_element#Frames), so it is not possible to add a link to a particular product or category, sorry. This is how Sitebuilder functions.

Please let us know where you want to use these direct links, so that we could find some workaround for you.

Thank you!

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.