The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTO OLIVEIRA View Post
I am facing exactly the same problem in my installation. And I guess I am using the latest version of the plugin, since I installed it two days ago (chatshop.com.br/loja)
Hi Roberto,

Alexandra with Ecwid team here. Thank you for the link to your website.

I've just checked it, it seems that your plugin version is 5.4.1. Yesterday we've released a new one (5.4.2) which contains some minor bugs fixes, and also should improve the loading speed as well. Could you please update Ecwid plugin to the latest version, and check store loading speed once again? Is it better now, or not? Do you still experience the issue with the slow loading? Please, let us know.

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2017, 02:07 PM

Hi ALexandra,
I've updated the plugin. It did improve, but just a little bit.
It takes longer when I load the shop for the first time. But even after the first time, it takes 3-4 seconds to load my shop with only two products, whereas the other pages in the website would take less than one second. It is worth mentioning that the starter page from ECWID loads very fast, so the problem has to do with the intergration with WP.

Forgot to mention earlier that I am using the Layers plugin within WP. Not sure if this is causing any trouble.
I noticed that even to load the ECWID dashboard within the WP admin panel is taking way too long. It looks like the connection time to ECWID is causing part of the problem. When I run Network tool to check the timings, this connection problem also showed up.

Thanks for your help
The Following User Says Thank You to ROBERTO OLIVEIRA For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2017, 04:43 AM

I have been reporting this issue for Donkey's years too!
its what makes the Ecwid Plugin for Wordpress unusable along with three or four other issues i experience. Reeaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyyyy sloooooooooooooowwww to loaaaaaaaad
I would like to know if the users who experience this use Bluehost Hosting?
because Bluehost put a cache plugin (non removable essential) into their simple scripts installs
this causes a lot of slowness. I deleted the Bluehost cache plugins using ftp access to the root folder of server manually, and my wordpress site and ecwid plugins got faster.
One further scary matter is that, this problem has been fixed a few times already and it speeded up again, but then after an Ecwid plugin update and/or any wordpress update or other plugin update (which come constantly), the plugin slows the site down again. So every time it is fixed, this does not guarantee that it wont revert to becoming slow again after some updating is done
My conclusion was to remove the plugins, and use the normal Ecwid widget instead.
But of course this robs us of the great SEO from the plugin which is readable by google. hence, the best SEO is to make a page in wordpress for each category of your store and blog some text into it for google to catch, and insert the widget, but NOT use the Ecwid for Wordpress Plugin, because it poses potential dangers of the issue returning often, after every update of one or more of the wordpress plugins, and the wordpress software itself

Last edited by Thailand Amulets; 09-16-2017 at 04:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thailand Amulets For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2017, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTO OLIVEIRA View Post
mine is chatshop.com.br/loja
Thankshttps://www.ecwid.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif
I tried it and it took 15 seconds to load first time
closed tab and pasted url again and it loaded in 4 seconds
The Following User Says Thank You to Thailand Amulets For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2017, 10:59 AM

We are experiencing the same issue with the Ecwid plugin for Joomla.

It works very slow indeed, expecially for categories with more than a few dozens products in it.

Ecwid support is aware of the fact and I hope they will able to fix it soon, but after more two weeks opening a ticket I still cannot see a solution in sight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stefano Cazzani For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2017, 01:33 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano Cazzani View Post
We are experiencing the same issue with the Ecwid plugin for Joomla.

It works very slow indeed, expecially for categories with more than a few dozens products in it.

Ecwid support is aware of the fact and I hope they will able to fix it soon, but after more two weeks opening a ticket I still cannot see a solution in sight.
Hello Stefano,

Una here, Ecwid Customer Care team. Thank you for the comment!

We are extremely sorry that you have to wait for a solution. We totally understand that the slow loading issue should be resolved as soon as possible, so our plugin developers keep investigating the problem and actively working on the fix.

We will definitely inform you when the developers get any investigation results and find an effective solution. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

And if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. We will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Una Q.
Ecwid Support Team
The Following User Says Thank You to Una Q For This Useful Post:

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
load time, plugin, slow, slow loads, wordpress