The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:23 AM

Question

Products in Wordpress Sidebar

I was wondering if there is a way to show either latest or random products from a particular category in a side bar widget on wordpress?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistic Blend View Post
I was wondering if there is a way to show either latest or random products from a particular category in a side bar widget on wordpress?
We don't have such WordPress module yet. However it can be created using our Product API: http://kb.ecwid.com/API#ProductAPI

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 06-20-2012, 03:26 AM

Default help with API

HI,
I would also like to create a "featured products" widget in the sidebar of my wordpress site. You said that you can do that with the API key.
Can you walk me through how I would go about placing products in my sidebar? I'm not super technical and could really use some step by step instructions. I have no idea what to do with the API key.
Thanks so much for your help!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Ecwid Team

Unfortunately, there is no step-by-step instructions, since the usage of any API requires custom programming and hence some amount of skills in that. The exact scenarios of using Product API may differ depending on your needs.

If you need a professional custom programming service from the people very much familiar with custom programming for Ecwid and for any online shop, you can always turn to our friends from Qualiteam - just send the description of your project to sales@qtmsoft.com for a quote.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 09-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Ecwid Team

UPDATE: Ecwid plugin for Wordpress now supports random product and latest products listing widgets. You can add them to your site from your Wordpress backend (Appearance -> Widgets). Find more details in our knowledge base: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...1259-Wordpress

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
category, product image, sidebar, widget, wordpress