The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:03 AM

Default Canada Post shipping module is not working

I've enabled every Canada Post shipping possiblility and entered my merchand ID #, which passed the test. After testing to see if the shipping works, realized that my website:
www.impexonline.ca doesn't show any shipping charges. Did I miss something? Do I need to integrate the module somehow or has that already been done?
Please help! Thank you!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:29 AM

Default Canada Post shipping module semi working

Ok so I've managed to get some shipping rates offered to me upon checkout but the rates are off and the shipping time frame is really off. According to CP regular should be 2 days @ $8.35 (Ecwid 5 days @ $8.39), Expresspost should be 1 day @ $9.76 ( Ecwid 4 days $8.39) and Courier next day AM guaranteed @ $19.30 (Ecwid 4 days @ $14.66). Also I would like to use the sinature required option which has an extra cost, how can I choose that?
Thank you again.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

In Ecwid, the shipping rates for carrier-calculated shipping methods are requested from carrier's servers, Ecwid shows them to a customer without any changes. Thus neither an estimation delivery time nor a shipping cost is calculated by Ecwid, carriers do that.

Basically, the shipping rates depend on an order weight, a customer location and a store location. So it's hard to say anything about the examples you provided. Could you please detail them? What products did you add to the cart in your store when you got such rates? What customer location was put in the shipping address form? Did you check the rates for the same conditions at Canada Post rates online calculator?

Quote:
Also I would like to use the sinature required option which has an extra cost, how can I choose that?
Could you please specify what do you mean by signature required option? Any links or screenshots will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 03-26-2012, 04:39 PM

Hi thank you for your reply. Yes I've entered the same postal code and weight along with the box dimension, which I can't input into Ecwid, and got different results. Today I seem to be getting another result through Ecwid. My website is impexonline.ca I've put one Iphone case into the shopping cart (which is 100grams) and put L4V 1N3 as my destination postal code. It's being shipped from L9T 3Y6 postal code. Today I'm getting $10.42 - 8 days shipping through Ecwid, whereas Canada Post is giving me $9.76 - 1 business day for the same thing. What concerns me more is if I add more items to the cart, either more quantity of the same item or adding different items in there as well, my shipping charges stay the same. I've tried adding 15 Iphone cases and 10 mousepads (since they're all light) and still got the same $10.42 rate. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 03-26-2012, 04:45 PM

I've attached a picture of the screenshot as well that shows the option to request a signature for and extra $1.50. I've checked it under Expresspost.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Canada Post.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1140  
Old 03-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impex Co View Post
Hi thank you for your reply. Yes I've entered the same postal code and weight along with the box dimension, which I can't input into Ecwid, and got different results. Today I seem to be getting another result through Ecwid. My website is impexonline.ca I've put one Iphone case into the shopping cart (which is 100grams) and put L4V 1N3 as my destination postal code. It's being shipped from L9T 3Y6 postal code. Today I'm getting $10.42 - 8 days shipping through Ecwid, whereas Canada Post is giving me $9.76 - 1 business day for the same thing. What concerns me more is if I add more items to the cart, either more quantity of the same item or adding different items in there as well, my shipping charges stay the same. I've tried adding 15 Iphone cases and 10 mousepads (since they're all light) and still got the same $10.42 rate. Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you for the details.

Please report the issue to our bugtracker:
http://www.ecwid.com/bt/bug_report_page.php

Please include all the details in the issue description. Our engineers will investigate it.

Quote:
I've attached a picture of the screenshot as well that shows the option to request a signature for and extra $1.50. I've checked it under Expresspost.
Unfortunately, it's currently not possible to set such option in Canada Post settings in Ecwid. If you think this functionality should be added to Ecwid, please post your suggestion in our ideas base:
http://ideas.ecwid.com
It will be implemented as soon as it gets enough votes.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 PM

Default Real-time shipping rates don't match Canada Post site

On the Canada Post website, package measurements as well as weight are required to calculate shipping rates. How does Ecwid get real-time rates with only weight? The rates we are getting through Ecwid are quite a bit higher than when we input them into Canada Post's calculator. Also, the rate doesn't change (in Ecwid) whether I select one item or 3, 7, or 8 items but it does on the Canada Post site.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlands View Post
On the Canada Post website, package measurements as well as weight are required to calculate shipping rates. How does Ecwid get real-time rates with only weight? The rates we are getting through Ecwid are quite a bit higher than when we input them into Canada Post's calculator. Also, the rate doesn't change (in Ecwid) whether I select one item or 3, 7, or 8 items but it does on the Canada Post site.
Hi,

Please refer to the following posts:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19984
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=46127

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 PM

Canadians... After submitting a ticket in the bug tracker, I was directed to the Canada Post website where I was told I could enter package dimensions in the background. After searching for quite some time, I called them. The link you guys gave me was not where I needed to go. The link is www.canadapost.ca/sellonline. You will need your customer ID which you should be able to find in the shipping area of Ecwid. Once you login there, click on 'add/remove/edit boxes'. You can set your box or envelope sizes and weights from there. It decreased some of our shipping rates by up to $5!! I hope this is helpful!

Last edited by whitlands; 04-18-2012 at 08:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoyceS For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (04-19-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 03:11 AM

This isn't a bug per-se, but rather Ecwid doesn't have the capability to calculate Canada Post shipping because there's nowhere to include the product dimensions within Ecwid, which is absolutely required by Canada Post (thus your shipping price results are completely misleading). You may have some luck with user-defined shipping, but other than that, you can vote on the issue here and hope for the best from the Ecwid staff? http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...pping-controls

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.