The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:14 PM

IPAD not working in store

Hi,

several different customers are finding that when they try to purchase anything from our store http://www.lifeline24.co.uk safari crashes before they get to enter their paypal or credit card numbers.

Can you please tell me how we fix this issue.

Thanks

Simon
Lifeline24
Old 05-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeline24 View Post
Hi,

several different customers are finding that when they try to purchase anything from our store http://www.lifeline24.co.uk safari crashes before they get to enter their paypal or credit card numbers.

Thanks

Simon
Lifeline24
Hi,

Thank you very much for posting this issue. We're looking into this and will keep you informed.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 05-02-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks

Simon
Lifeline24
Thank you very much for the information.

Please, accept our sincere apologies for this situation.

I was able to reproduce the described issue, I wasn't able to place an order using ipad, using safari and chrome. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on other Ecwid stores, especially on Ecwid integrated with Wordpress. More over, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue in your simple store: http://app.ecwid.com/jsp/2943323/simple-store#!/

You can try it, the checkout is working as well.

At the current moment, we are investigating your web site and Ecwid logs in order to find the possible reason. We'll keep you informed on the progress.

Ecwid was manually integrated with your web store, as far as I can see. So, I would like to suggest you to use our official Ecwid Wordpress plugin, instead of manually integrated widgets. You can find it here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/ecwid-shopping-cart/

Plugin perfectly fits Wordpress and supports SEO features from the box.

Plugin will possibly help you to solve this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:57 PM

Default Still not working

So I have now used the plugin but we are still getting the same problem!

Please help me fix this issue.

Simon
Lifeline24
Old 05-28-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
So I have now used the plugin but we are still getting the same problem!

Please help me fix this issue.

Simon
Lifeline24
Thank you very much for keeping us informed.

Please, accept our sincere apologies for this situation.

We are trying to find out a possible cause, the issue is very unusual, I can't see any errors in java developer's console.

Please, let me know, in order to find a possible reason of this issue, are you able to temporary switch your Wordpress theme to some other one and try to place an order on ipad again?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:50 PM

Default IPAD

Hi Viktor,

This will be difficult. I have sent a request to someone who built the website a few months ago for us. Do you have an email address that I can copy in on my email to the deveolper?

Thanks

Simon
Old 05-29-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Hi Viktor,

This will be difficult. I have sent a request to someone who built the website a few months ago for us. Do you have an email address that I can copy in on my email to the deveolper?

Thanks

Simon
Thank you for the update.

I've send the necessary contact information for you via the Private Message.

Have a great day!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:05 PM

Hi Viktor,

So I spent two hours with the developer of the site on Friday trying to fix the issue. You were right the problem only occurs on the genesis theme. My site and store works fine when we switch the theme, but clearly this would give us a huge amount of work to reformat the whole site on to a new theme.

We also noticed that if we remove any shipping options from the store then we were able to complete an order on the ipad, it only crashes when moving from the screen where the user inputs their shipping address to the screen where they would select their payment method. Again we need to give customers the opportunity to select an alternative shipping address, so turning this off doesn't appear to be an option unless you know of a work around.

We have tested using another ecwid account on our website and with shipping turned on we get exactly the same crashing issue.

Our developer is contacting Genesis the author of the word press theme to see if they can help, but I would really appreciate it if you can offer us some support to resolve this issue without having to rebuild the site.

Thanks

Simon
Old 06-10-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Hi Viktor,

So I spent two hours with the developer of the site on Friday trying to fix the issue. You were right the problem only occurs on the genesis theme. My site and store works fine when we switch the theme, but clearly this would give us a huge amount of work to reformat the whole site on to a new theme.

We also noticed that if we remove any shipping options from the store then we were able to complete an order on the ipad, it only crashes when moving from the screen where the user inputs their shipping address to the screen where they would select their payment method. Again we need to give customers the opportunity to select an alternative shipping address, so turning this off doesn't appear to be an option unless you know of a work around.

We have tested using another ecwid account on our website and with shipping turned on we get exactly the same crashing issue.

Our developer is contacting Genesis the author of the word press theme to see if they can help, but I would really appreciate it if you can offer us some support to resolve this issue without having to rebuild the site.

Thanks

Simon
Simon, thank you very much for keeping us informed.

I'm glad that you was able to confirm the reason of this situation. Just let us know if any additional information or assistance from our side is required. We are always happy to assist.

Wish you all the best.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 AM

Hi Viktor,

We need your help to solve the problem. Why is ecwid crashing? I am about to move to a different provider if this can't be fixed.

Thanks

Simon

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ipad