The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:23 PM

Question

Product browser layout spacing help needed

I'm looking for any help to reduce the spacing between the lower edge of the menu and the upper edge of the product browser.

Many thanks.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Ecwid Team

Could you, please, give me the password for this page?

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 AM

The password is your username.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Ecwid Team

I have checked your store and have noticed a couple of unnecessary tags. These tags may have appeared when you have inserted Ecwid Product Browser widget. Most probably the text editor component in your WordPress inserts them automatically.

In this code:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript"> ecwidMessages = { "BreadCrumbs.your_bag" : "Your shopping cart", "Minicart.shopping_bag" : "", "ShoppingCartView.shopping_bag" : "Your Shopping Cart", "EmptyShoppingCartPanel.empty" : "Your Shopping Cart is empty" }; </script><br />
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1007010" charset="utf-8"></script><br />
<script type="text/javascript"> xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=3","views=grid(3,3) list(10) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list","style="); </script><br />
<noscript>Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please proceed to <a href="http://app.ecwid.com/jsp/1007010/catalog">HTML version of Heavy Camera</a></noscript><br />
you can see ‘<br />’ tags which caused additional spacing above Ecwid widget.
Once you have removed these tags space between title and Ecwid widget will reduce.

In order to manage the behaviour of WordPress function that adds those tags I recommend you to install the following plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpautop-control/. This plugin allows you to switch on/off these tags for all of your pages.

Additionally, you can remove some more whitespace by adding following code in your custom CSS theme:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-category {
  padding-top: 20px;  /*change this value to reduce gap size */
}

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:04 AM

I followed your steps. Couldn't find any of the <br> tags, so installed the plugin and still couldn't see them, turned the function off and updated the page again and it must have removed them. So now there is much reduced white space at the top.
Many thanks for your help, it's really appreciated.

Have a good day!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
spacing