The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:23 PM

why does PayPal now opens on another window?

it used to open on the same checkout page but now it opens a new window on the browser.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:16 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo5 View Post
it used to open on the same checkout page but now it opens a new window on the browser.
Hello,

It's Mary from Ecwid Customer Care team. Thank you for contacting us.

You are right, PayPal payment details page usually opens in a pop-up window on the same page. There should be no additional tabs opened.

I've checked the system and I see that you have a store https://tienda.habers.mx/ I've run a few tests.
I opened the store on computer and mobile, added an item to a cart, entered shipping details and selected PayPal payment option. The PayPal pop-up was successfully opened with no new tabs. Please, see the screenshot and a screencast recorded from my devices:
Computer: https://monosnap.com/file/j8ecai1juh...sCGy35b2gbrLzt
Mobile: http://take.ms/Rlzi1

Do you see the PayPal payment details pop-up differently? Please, give us more details so we could investigate this for you.
Can you describe the steps you take? Can you send us a screencast?

You can send these details to support@ecwid.com

Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mary G. For This Useful Post:
HabersMX (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 06:44 PM

thanks Mary I've checked on a windows 10 machine and it works fine.

I noticed it only opens another window or tab on Mac OS if I'm using browser at full screen mode.

well you can now close this thread. Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited by HabersMX; 12-20-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

I'm Edward from Ecwid Team.

I'm glad to hear that everything works fine on your end, too. I noticed your piece of text about the full-screen mode, and I'd like to address it.

Firstly, I'd like to describe a bit how PayPal works in your store from a technical point.

Once a customer clicks on the PayPal button in your store, the PayPal page/popup appears. The way it works is fully based on the PayPal algorithms. In other words, PayPal defines how their payment form is displayed in the browser.

Regarding the logic when a browser shows the content in a pop-up/new tab. Generally, when a pop-up opens in your browser, the browser creates a new system window to be able to show this pop-up.

The reason why it opens the content in a new tab when your browser is in the full-screen mode is that the browser can have only one window in this mode. Thus the PayPal page is opened in a new tab, as it cannot create a new window to show the pop-up.

Hope this information help!

If you have any questions, please let me know!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.