The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:09 AM

Create an Order via API

1. Is it possible to create an order in Ecwid remotely via API? Example: I have Joomla integrated ecwid shopping cart, but because ecwid doesnt support recurring billing I'm using third party component that handles recurring billing (membership product). I would like to send those orders to Ecwid via API to keep them all together for fulfillment department because there is a physical product that gets sent out with recurring billing not just digital membership.
2. Is it possible for an admin to create order manually (like a phone order) without going through the website front end?
Old 01-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Tolman View Post
1. Is it possible to create an order in Ecwid remotely via API? Example: I have Joomla integrated ecwid shopping cart, but because ecwid doesnt support recurring billing I'm using third party component that handles recurring billing (membership product). I would like to send those orders to Ecwid via API to keep them all together for fulfillment department because there is a physical product that gets sent out with recurring billing not just digital membership.
2. Is it possible for an admin to create order manually (like a phone order) without going through the website front end?
These features are not supported by Ecwid yet. At this moment the only way to create a new order is to place it as a customer.

We will improve this in the future though.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Default How can I Create new Ecwid orders from API

I am trying to create a custom POS for my brick store and my employee needs to create a new order for a new customer or for an existing customer in Ecwid. And i need this order to be placed in a way that the employee can select several items she chooses from drop down boxes i customized and add them directly to cart to create a new order and invoice for the customer. Is there a way to create an order for a given customer through API? without having the customer to log in and do the order in the online store? Am i able to add new orders for customers in ecwid?
Old 01-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hala Absi View Post
I am trying to create a custom POS for my brick store and my employee needs to create a new order for a new customer or for an existing customer in Ecwid. And i need this order to be placed in a way that the employee can select several items she chooses from drop down boxes i customized and add them directly to cart to create a new order and invoice for the customer. Is there a way to create an order for a given customer through API? without having the customer to log in and do the order in the online store? Am i able to add new orders for customers in ecwid?
Hi,

Please refer to this post:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=42798

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 08-27-2013, 03:53 PM

Are there any plans to make Order Creation via the API possible in the nearish future?
The Following User Says Thank You to andrew dally For This Useful Post:
whatevertheoccasion (12-07-2016)
Old 08-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew dally View Post
Are there any plans to make Order Creation via the API possible in the nearish future?
Unfortunately, there are no plans to add orders creation via Order API in the nearest future. If you consider that functionality should be added in Ecwid, please, vote for this idea here: ideas.ecwid.com and we will email when it will be added in Ecwid.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
api, customers, orders