The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Tyler Tolman's Avatar
Tyler Tolman is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Create an Order via API


1. Is it possible to create an order in Ecwid remotely via API? Example: I have Joomla integrated ecwid shopping cart, but because ecwid doesnt support recurring billing I'm using third party component that handles recurring billing (membership product). I would like to send those orders to Ecwid via API to keep them all together for fulfillment department because there is a physical product that gets sent out with recurring billing not just digital membership.
2. Is it possible for an admin to create order manually (like a phone order) without going through the website front end?
  #2  
Old 01-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Tolman View Post
1. Is it possible to create an order in Ecwid remotely via API? Example: I have Joomla integrated ecwid shopping cart, but because ecwid doesnt support recurring billing I'm using third party component that handles recurring billing (membership product). I would like to send those orders to Ecwid via API to keep them all together for fulfillment department because there is a physical product that gets sent out with recurring billing not just digital membership.
2. Is it possible for an admin to create order manually (like a phone order) without going through the website front end?
These features are not supported by Ecwid yet. At this moment the only way to create a new order is to place it as a customer.

We will improve this in the future though.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #3  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Hala Absi's Avatar
Hala Absi Hala Absi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 9
Default How can I Create new Ecwid orders from API

I am trying to create a custom POS for my brick store and my employee needs to create a new order for a new customer or for an existing customer in Ecwid. And i need this order to be placed in a way that the employee can select several items she chooses from drop down boxes i customized and add them directly to cart to create a new order and invoice for the customer. Is there a way to create an order for a given customer through API? without having the customer to log in and do the order in the online store? Am i able to add new orders for customers in ecwid?
  #4  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hala Absi View Post
I am trying to create a custom POS for my brick store and my employee needs to create a new order for a new customer or for an existing customer in Ecwid. And i need this order to be placed in a way that the employee can select several items she chooses from drop down boxes i customized and add them directly to cart to create a new order and invoice for the customer. Is there a way to create an order for a given customer through API? without having the customer to log in and do the order in the online store? Am i able to add new orders for customers in ecwid?
Hi,

Please refer to this post:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=42798
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #5  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:53 PM
andrew dally's Avatar
andrew dally andrew dally is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Default

Are there any plans to make Order Creation via the API possible in the nearish future?
The Following User Says Thank You to andrew dally For This Useful Post:
whatevertheoccasion (12-07-2016)
  #6  
Old 08-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Maya's Avatar
Maya Maya is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ecwid headquarter
Posts: 5,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew dally View Post
Are there any plans to make Order Creation via the API possible in the nearish future?
Unfortunately, there are no plans to add orders creation via Order API in the nearest future. If you consider that functionality should be added in Ecwid, please, vote for this idea here: ideas.ecwid.com and we will email when it will be added in Ecwid.
__________________
Maya N., Ecwid Team

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
api, customers, orders

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:02 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.