The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:36 PM

I haven't seen this problem in the forums, so I hope I'm not duplicating something. (My store is at www.janeaustenbooks.net) I have a strange problem - I'm not yet sure how many of my products are affected by it.

Here is an example of one that IS affected: http://www.janeaustenbooks.net/store...oduct=12365685
(SKU 14091 Ackermann's Cambridge: A King Penguin Book)

When on the product page, the "Add to Bag" button is for some reason NOT a link! The mouse arrow doesn't recognize a link there, and I can't click on anything in the box on the right. It's as if it were just a placeholder image or something. This is baffling!

I had this happen with a book a customer was trying to order just the other day. I did everything I could think of - I deleted the whole product and re-entered it with a new item number, I disabled and re-enabled it, but the only solution I've found so far that has worked on BOTH products was to delete most of the text description. Now, obviously, that's not a working solution, because I need the text description.

So can you tell me if there is maybe something in my descriptions that's causing the "Add to Bag" button to crash somehow? Here is the description for the broken one that I linked higher up:
Ackermann's Cambridge: A King Penguin Book

In 1795, Ackermann set up his print shop in the Strand with a lithographic press that cranked out astonishing color illustrations year after year. Cambridge was issued in 1815. A third of the plates are included in this volume, along with a detailed history of each building and features shown. Many of the scenes have not changed. Attractive illustrated book cover and jacket. This little book was published in 1951 by Penguin in London. 20 plates and 34 pages of text. Hb, Dj. USED. $15.00
Thank you VERY MUCH!! This is confusing the heck out of me! And you guys are so very helpful, even with grumpy confused customers, which is why we're happy to be using ecwid!

I just want to add - I'm going through (all 1843 of) my products (haha) and so far it seems like this problem must have something to do with the character length of the description. I looked around for a character limit on the description field and I don't see one - is there one that I just don't know about?

Again, thanks very much!

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 07-19-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:25 PM

This is caused by the style of your site. Notice this never happens on the simple store: https://m.janeaustenbooks.net/simple...oduct=12365685

The line 26 of this file on your site: http://www.janeaustenbooks.net/store/styles/style2.css contains such code:
Code:
#box p {
position: relative;
}
This indirectly causes the <p> elements in your product descriptions to sit 'above' the right panel with the Add to Bag button. Due to various peculiarities in the code of all those elements it results in an inability to click the button.

To fix that behavior, you can add the following code to your Ecwid CSS theme:
Code:
.ecwid p {
  position: static;
}
It will cancel the effect of the aforementioned rule for the paragraphs in Ecwid.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:27 PM

Aha!! Thank you very much Eugene! I actually was wondering if it was something like that - you can probably tell from my attempts at CSS that I'm not exactly a professional programmer.

I will make the change and hopefully it will work!! Thanks again.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
add to bag, error