The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:45 PM

Possible to insert my own page(s) between cart and checkout?

I'm making a Wordpress site for a client, and he wants to collect some information from the client before they checkout. I'm wondering if there is some way to intercept the click on the "Checkout" button, take them to some pages of my own, collect that information and then redirect back to your "CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_DETAILS" (and put the information I've gathered into the textarea using Javascript). Is that possible?

I'm thinking maybe I could use Javascript to hide your "Checkout" button and put in my own.

Is "store/#!/~/checkoutPD" always going to be the correct url for the checkout payment details page?
Old 02-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Tomblin View Post
I'm making a Wordpress site for a client, and he wants to collect some information from the client before they checkout. I'm wondering if there is some way to intercept the click on the "Checkout" button, take them to some pages of my own, collect that information and then redirect back to your "CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_DETAILS" (and put the information I've gathered into the textarea using Javascript). Is that possible?

I'm thinking maybe I could use Javascript to hide your "Checkout" button and put in my own.

Is "store/#!/~/checkoutPD" always going to be the correct url for the checkout payment details page?
Hello,

Yes, what you want to achieve is possible with a custom modification using our Javascript API: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/41188517/JavaScript%20API
Old 02-26-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza Savelyeva View Post
Hello,

Yes, what you want to achieve is possible with a custom modification using our Javascript API: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/41188517/JavaScript%20API
I tried setting up a Ecwid.OnPageLoaded function to run when the page loaded and hide your "Checkout" button and replace it with my own to go to where I wanted it to go, but as soon as I do that, something triggers and removes my button and puts yours back. Sneaky.
So I set up a timer and after half a second, I check if the button has been reset and put it back again. That seems to work. I wish there was a cleaner way of doing that.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:39 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I tried setting up a Ecwid.OnPageLoaded function to run when the page loaded and hide your "Checkout" button and replace it with my own to go to where I wanted it to go, but as soon as I do that, something triggers and removes my button and puts yours back. Sneaky.
So I set up a timer and after half a second, I check if the button has been reset and put it back again. That seems to work. I wish there was a cleaner way of doing that.
Hello,

Thank you for the details.

Could you please, post here the URL of the page where this can be reproduced? We will take a look and see what can be done to fix it.

Thank you in advance.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza Savelyeva View Post
Hello,

Thank you for the details.

Could you please, post here the URL of the page where this can be reproduced? We will take a look and see what can be done to fix it.

Thank you in advance.
Go to http://sup-boat.ixtrial.com/store/ then throw a few things into the shopping cart, then click "Open Bag". If you use a Javascript debugger at put a breakpoint in pt-checkfront.js on line 249 and single step through it, you can see the Checkout button get replaced by my button, and then you resume and see that when it gets called the second time the button has been replaced again.

I use console.log in a few places, so you probably don't want to test this in IE.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Go to http://sup-boat.ixtrial.com/store/ then throw a few things into the shopping cart, then click "Open Bag". If you use a Javascript debugger at put a breakpoint in pt-checkfront.js on line 249 and single step through it, you can see the Checkout button get replaced by my button, and then you resume and see that when it gets called the second time the button has been replaced again.

I use console.log in a few places, so you probably don't want to test this in IE.
Hello, Paul,

Thank you for the provided details. We have reported the issue to our engineers and they are currently investigating it. I will keep you updated of the progress.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout, javascript api, wordpress