The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:20 PM

Exclamation

ERP integration with our warehouses

Hi,
For a client who has a Drupal site I'd love to be able to move away from that to WP with your solution. Perhaps. Will it be as stable as Magento?
Client has +2000 products.
Needs integration with 2 warehouses in Canada.
Uses ERP bluelink - order inventory, cash flow, specials, coupons - all need to be seemlessly connected.
CRM software - solve - norada.

Client is Gourmet food importer. We have basic need to enable purchase option for single unit or reduced for purchase of a dozen, for example. All should connect to ERP.

Can we get a stable solution using your system?
How long would we need development done for this API integration?
I was quoted $100,000 and told ecwid is impossible to integrate with ERP.

Please advise!

Thanks
Eileen
Old 07-02-2013, 10:02 PM

The Ecwid API is quite good, it will notify an order, you can call the Order API to get the full order details which you can then do with as you wish. I currently have a system in place to push the invoice details to the UK based KashFlow accounting system, I'm also just about to put live another system integrating with another order fulfilment back-end.

As long as the other system as a suitable API, then you can push data from Ecwid, however, the input via API is not yet as flexible, so you may struggle with things like coupons, you can certainly update products via the API, so a price change for a special offer is possible as is updating stock levels from the back end.

All the documentation for the API is in the knowledge base, so you can start coding for Ecwid now and code for the other end once you have the API documents for that end.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen Kleinman View Post
Hi,
For a client who has a Drupal site I'd love to be able to move away from that to WP with your solution. Perhaps. Will it be as stable as Magento?
Client has +2000 products.
Needs integration with 2 warehouses in Canada.
Uses ERP bluelink - order inventory, cash flow, specials, coupons - all need to be seemlessly connected.
CRM software - solve - norada.

Client is Gourmet food importer. We have basic need to enable purchase option for single unit or reduced for purchase of a dozen, for example. All should connect to ERP.

Can we get a stable solution using your system?
How long would we need development done for this API integration?
I was quoted $100,000 and told ecwid is impossible to integrate with ERP.

Please advise!

Thanks
Eileen

Hi Eileen

I have worked extensively with ecwid's api and have integrations with QuickBooks, Shipwire, and Stamps.com I have integrated many accounting and inventory systems over the last 20 years.

Depending on your needs the ecwid API may work or may need to combine it with some importing,
Unfortunately adding of products / orders is not currently supported by the API

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks

Tim
The Following User Says Thank You to mkpsoftware For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (07-03-2013)
Old 07-03-2013, 03:25 AM

Thank you Alex and Tim.

Tim, we use ERP and CRM systems. I was told by a few elance and non-elance programmers that Ecwid is not reliable, limited in ability compared to Magento and would cost $10-50,000 to integrate the ERP into place.

So I must say I got worried. My client has 2 warehouses that are working together for stock management and shipping and what do you think- how complex can it be to integrate this with ecwid or best to stay in Drupal for now, where he just finished paying $60 for a cart programming?

Thanks,
e
Old 07-03-2013, 07:59 AM

It is hardly fair to compare Magneto and Ecwid - yes they both let you sell items on the web, but they are in completely different sectors. I suspect the contractors have existing Magneto code they can roll out at virtually no cost to themselves with a big margin and would have to write code from scratch, hence pricing so high.

$60 for programming a cart is cheap! If he's looking at these low budget figures, might be best to stay with what he's doing

If he wants to invest in an integration, then as long as he stays within the constraints of the API, then no reason not to go with Ecwid, it will do lots and is quite flexible out of the box and can be "modified" with the API's to fit most needs.

I suggest if he's comparing Magneto and Ecwid, the first step is to sit down and revisit the requirement, look at the technical options and then decide on how he will run his shop and then look at which product he wants to use.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear at first glance to be any integration information (other than a quotation form!) for the bluelink API so it is difficult to confirm, but see no reason why you wouldn't be able to integrate to Ecwid.

I'm happy to go into a technical discussion if you want to explore further.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Monaghan For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (07-03-2013)
Old 07-03-2013, 08:28 AM

Hi Alex,
Not $60. $60K [60,000]... already paid for drupal ecom site dev.
I get bids for 2-6k whether it is for drupal responsive theme dev or the move to ecwid. Some want tens of thousands to move us and integrate ERP with ecwid. One Chinese Canadian told me it takes 3 weeks just to look at the ERP and understand it properly. then 2-3 months of work at least. Our shop is not so complex, so I don't know if they all wanna rip us off or if we go with the ones offering low cost bids will we end up wasting our time and money with failed results because they think they can do it but will not manage it?
I need to advise company what to do and what is best.
They sell food- gourmet products imported. Currently have no online sales and must get these going and for holiday season. So I worry to make a bad decision !

Yes would be grateful for your advice.
have you clients who use ecwid with a few thousand products? And with warehouses tied into it?

Cheers,
eileen
Old 07-03-2013, 11:09 AM

The difference a missing "K" makes to a post $60K seems a lot to have shelled out and it is not yet working.

The back-end for the system I've just written does have warehouses, however, this is "hidden" when I'm pushing orders in, I just have to specify the product ID and it knows which warehouse is associated with it.

If the cart needs to know which warehouse to select, then we do add some complication to the process, but as long as there are clear logical rules, there's nothing to suggest that you couldn't get something operational.

Without having access to the API documentation for the ERP it is really difficult to give useful advise.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
api, crm, erp, integrations