The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:10 AM

Wordpress [ecwid_searchbox] short code not working

I am setting up a ecwid site for a client that is going to purchase a paid account to get some of the added benefits. I am trying to trouble shoot why the search box isn't appearing in the main content area when I don't put the ecwid search widget in the side bar?

I thought if I left the search widget out of the side bar then a search bar would appear in the main content area with the plugin? When I leave the search bar out of the side bar no search appears even though the short code for it is in the main body of the store page. Does anyone have a clue?
Old 06-13-2012, 05:39 AM

Ugg.. this is so anoying. I posted this question from the wrong account. I have an account I setup that is associated with a personal email address. I have to log out of all my client ecwid carts, ask a question using that, then sign back out and back into the client account to keep working. Now I can't seem to figure out how to delete this stupid thread so I can ask using my "admin" account I created.

This just makes me want a white label/reseller ecwid account even more. So tired of this! Does anyone know how to delete this thread so I can post it from the correct account?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:12 AM

Why deleting the thread? Enquiring on behalf of a client has some advantages - we the support team can better identify the shop you are talking about. Its a good question, we are glad to help you. One thing that's missing is the URL of the page where that happens, so that we could inspect it.

Most probably, though, the main script of Ecwid is missing on your site, that is the line of the following format:
Code:
<script type='text/javascript' src='https://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1245098' charset="utf-8"></script>
is nowhere to be found in the source of your website pages' HTML code. If so, you may need to insert that line manually into the page or into one of the theme's template files.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:50 AM

Hi how do we delete a thread?
I posted a thread and wanted to delete it so i could change my forum user name but could find a way?

regards A
Old 06-27-2012, 07:59 AM

There is no need to delete a thread for that. If you want to change your forum nickname, you need to take the following steps:

1. Log in to Ecwid Control Panel.
2. Go to the "My Profile" page.
3. Edit the "Community Nickname" option and save the changes.

After that all the existing posts of yours will be displayed with the new name.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 AM

Hi Kess

Thankyou for your reply, is it possible to delete a thread though? even if noone has posted on it?

regards Adrian
Old 06-27-2012, 09:54 AM

You can delete your post, but not the whole thread.

Please let me know which thread you refer to.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:59 AM

Hi Kess

It's ok at the moment as i managed to sort my name and do not need to delete a post. it is fr futre reference. in other forums i use you can delte a post if required.

regards Adrian

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.