partial refunds

How do I issue a PARTIAL refund?
Old 02-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Beth! Thanks for getting in touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Elkins View Post
How do I issue a PARTIAL refund?
If you need to issue a partial refund to a buyer, the process will be same as issuing a full refund: you should go to your payment gateway account, for instance, PayPal, Square, Stripe, etc., and issue the full or partial refund using that payment gateway tools—the exact steps will be different for different payment but you can always find them on your payment gateway official website. Then, once you send an appropriate amount to the buyer, you should change the payment status for a corresponding order in the Ecwid Control Panel → My Sales → Orders from "Paid" to "Refunded" or "Partially Refunded".

By the way, if you're using Ecwid Payments as your payment gateway, you can start a refund process right in the Ecwid control panel—just go open the order details and hit the "Refund Order" button that appears just above that order's transaction ID.

Links on the topic:

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:52 AM

Question thanks for your help but...

Actually I do use ecwid payments. And I can't find anywhere to do a partial refund. All I need to refund the customer is shipping charges.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:59 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Beth,

Currently it is not possible to issue a partial refund for a payment received via Ecwid Payments right in Ecwid control panel. But you can send us the details and we will assist you with the partial payment refund. Another option is to provide the buyer with a discount coupon for the sum in question.

As for full refunds, here is our guide on how to process them from Ecwid Payments: How to issue a refund