Old 02-15-2017, 02:31 AM

SEO for new and improved storefront

Does the New and Improved storefront have seo yet?

I run wordpress just for the seo and I do not use the ecwid new and improved storefront. It seems a shame I have to maintain a wordpress site when ecwid already offers all the tools. I could just use my custom domain with ecwid, attach a couple of pages and be done with it, my entire site would run on ecwid.

The problem is seo, we all need it and it is a royal pain to run the wordpress site when all I really need is the ecwid site. I traditionally run my store and 4 or five custom pages. All that is now possible on ecwid.

Whats the holdup guys!!!
Keep your accounts in your ecosystem without forcing a wordpress account. This would assure a far greater customer loyalty. We just need that darn elusive seo!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MNM.ca For This Useful Post:
Barrett Dillasha (06-26-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 01:38 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM.ca View Post

I run wordpress just for the seo and I do not use the ecwid new and improved storefront. It seems a shame I have to maintain a wordpress site when ecwid already offers all the tools. I could just use my custom domain with ecwid, attach a couple of pages and be done with it, my entire site would run on ecwid.

The problem is seo, we all need it and it is a royal pain to run the wordpress site when all I really need is the ecwid site. I traditionally run my store and 4 or five custom pages. All that is now possible on ecwid.

Whats the holdup guys!!!
Keep your accounts in your ecosystem without forcing a wordpress account. This would assure a far greater customer loyalty. We just need that darn elusive seo!!!!
Hello!

Thanks a lot for your message!

1. Let me tell about SEO feature in Ecwid.

Ecwid store pages can be natively indexed by Google. Google started to offer the technology enabling content indexing for AJAX-applications (which your Ecwid store is), which has been adopted by the major search engines like Bing and Yahoo.

We have proofs that Google bots 'see' the pages generated using AJAX.

We at Ecwid have implemented this technology to made it possible to help stores get indexed by search engines.

We are working on the set of SEO improvements now to make your stores indexed better in Google. The first step in this series of improvements is SEO friendly clean URLs.

Today, we enabled the new URL format for store pages on all new generation Ecwid Starter sites. The URLs are cleaner and can be better indexed by Google. They are available for free to all Ecwid merchants.

Please, check this forum thread for more information — New SEO friendly clean URLs (without '#' sign) are enabled on Ecwid Starter Sites

Ecwid plugins for platforms like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Wix — are adapted so that the content for store pages meet the requirements of search engines. As a paid plan Ecwid merchant, using these plugins for stores embedded in these platforms will appear in the search results automatically with no additional required steps.

There are several steps you can make to optimize your site and your store for search engines, please, refer to our article about SEO —https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a.../207100509-SEO

If you have your own site on Wordpress.org, you can use additional SEO instruments, like sitemaps. We have a plugin for this CMS that has SEO features included.

There are also recommended SEO plugins compatible with Ecwid (like Yoast: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/) and sitemap generators (e.g. https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/)

We will gradually enable the new URLs on all our official CMS/sitebuilder integrations. In particular, in a few days, we will start enabling clean URLs on Wix, WordPress and Muse sites.

2. Now I'd like to give an overview of the Starter Site by Ecwid.

Starter site is a standalone one-page website with Ecwid store onboard, which you can use as your store web presence if you don't have your own website. Unfortunately, it is not possible to add extra content to your Starter Site (e.g. a blog, custom menu, or additional pages).

It was created with an idea that some Ecwid users, which are not ready to build their own website, could have a place, where to start their sales. Ecwid itself is not a site builder, it is embeddable shopping cart which means that you can add an online shop to your site, blog and/or social pages. You can use Ecwid storefront on numerous sites, blogs and social networks at the same time. All product settings, shipping and payment methods, orders are synced and managed from one control panel. Ecwid does not impose any limitation on the number of places where you can embed your Store. On the contrary, Ecwid offers additional place which will help you to start selling in a quick and easy way with no worries about hosting as Eсwid takes care of it.

Recently, we refreshed the look of the Starter Site. Now it can be expanded into a beautiful one-page website.

Here are the examples of Ecwid Starter Sites:

https://pikeandwestern.ecwid.com/
http://www.long-cats.com/

Paid Ecwid users can further brand their Starter Site by assigning a custom domain name.

Please, refer to our article about Starter Site —https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...9-Starter-site

Hope this answers your questions. If you are interested in anything else, please feel free to ask — we are always very glad to help!

Ecwid team

Last edited by kenga; 02-20-2017 at 01:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kenga For This Useful Post:
Barrett Dillasha (06-26-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:

Whats the holdup guys!!!
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you share more details on what features/tools would you like to see on the starter sites for SEO? We recently added clean URLs to starter sites and are working on other improvements now. Your suggestions would help a lot, thanks!

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 02-20-2017, 12:40 PM

Thank you both for the response, I ended up populating the new starter site and added a few custom links. I have to say it looks incredible.

I would like to see the sit get indexed on goodle, I used the old ecwid site and had a grand total of 4 indexed pages..... site:mnm.ecwid.com

I now use the new starter sites with clean urls.... www.mnm.ecwid.com

I will keep an eye out for a few months to see if anything gets googled.

The last issue is there is no way to add a security certificate to a custom domain. It would be just wonderful if there was an out of the box whole ecwid solution without having to run a separate wordpress site. The current enhanced webpage has everything I need to dump my wordpress site if only it indexed and was somehow able to use a security certificate with a custom domain.

Any feedback on my page would be appreciated...... www.mnm.ecwid.com
Old 02-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
The last issue is there is no way to add a security certificate to a custom domain. It would be just wonderful if there was an out of the box whole ecwid solution without having to run a separate wordpress site. The current enhanced webpage has everything I need to dump my wordpress site if only it indexed and was somehow able to use a security certificate with a custom domain.
Hi again!

Thank you for the reply.

I have good news for you. We can provide you with a SSL and the green padlock for free — we'll get the certificate for you from our provider.

Your Starter Site will open at the specified domain name with SSL certificate, via https.

I sent the instruction to your e-mail address —f###k at mnm.ca
Please, check your inbox.

Hope this helps!

Ecwid team

Last edited by kenga; 02-21-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:52 PM

Thank you so much Kenga, I am going to go set that up now. I pay for ssl with my provider so having it for my starter site (which by the way looks way too professional to be called a starter site anymore) would be great.
The Following User Says Thank You to MNM.ca For This Useful Post:
kenga (06-26-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 06:50 AM

Wow, this post is very knowledgeable for me. I too am having a thought to use seo campaign services for my business website and blog as well. Gratitude for the insights! I was just wondering if you can share any tips on how to find a right service.