The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:16 AM

flat rate for one product and calculated for another?

I have product A that I want to ship in USA for a flat fee, and product B that I want calculated shipping in USA. All of them will have international calculated shipping. I set up zone for USA and zone for international. What I can't figure out is how to set up the particular product for the respective flat only or calculated shipping only. Right now if I use global rate, I will get both flat and calculated shipping for USA.

Please provide the link to your storefront
https://absoluteyogi.ecwid.com/
Old 09-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

It's Alex Flint from Ecwid Customer Care Team. Thanks for reaching us out! I'm here to help you.

Quote:
I have product A that I want to ship in USA for a flat fee, and product B that I want calculated shipping in USA. All of them will have international calculated shipping.
I understand, what you are trying to achieve. However, this requires separating shipping methods between product types. Unfortunately Ecwid doesn't have a feature to assign individual shipping methods to products yet. Shipping methods defined at Ecwid Control panel > System Settings > Shipping apply to all products globally.

You can set the flat shipping rate for a certain product in your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products > Certain Product > Tax and Shipping > Fixed Rate Per Item.

However in this case global shipping rates won't be applied to your product.

It is possible to implement the feature you want by means of a custom application based on our API. This option requires programming skills, so you may think about hiring a 3rd-party developer. Also, the application can be developed by our Customization Team. Let us know, if you are interested in this option, and they will contact you and you’ll discuss details. Or you can contact them and request a quote yourself.

Hope I was helpful. If you have any new questions — feel free to ask.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
shipping