Old 02-11-2020, 03:57 PM

Exclamation

How to exclude certain shipping methods to certain zones? / How to exclude certain zip/post codes?

I'm trying to make it so that certain zip/post codes cannot purchase from me. There doesn't seem to be any way to exclude certain addresses/zip/post codes that I can see? So instead I'm trying to set a custom zone for these where the shipping is set to £999999 to avoid them buying - however it's not working when tested. It is showing them ALL the shipping methods available not just the £999999 one. How can I solve this, or is there an easier way to achieve what I'm trying to do?
Old 02-12-2020, 01:57 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

It's Tonya from Ecwid Customer Care team here!

By default, it's possible to set up only a "white list" of the zip codes when you set up the destination zones for the shipping methods in your store. So, if you need to ship within one city except for one district, you would need to add all the postal codes where you do want to ship in the shipping zone settings.
Please refer to the following article to learn how to set this up: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...tination-zones

That way only customers with the zip codes added in the shipping zone will be able to make a purchase in your store.

If it's crucial for you to add a blacklist of postal codes to the shipping zone settings it is possible with the help of a custom-developed script just for your store. The script should be based on Ecwid API: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation

You can do it yourself (if you have programming skills), hire a developer or get help from our Customization team by filling out this form: https://ecommerce-store.typeform.com/to/vIlijv – they will get back to you with the details and a quote.

Hope this is helpful!
Old 02-13-2020, 01:36 PM

So in order to simply not sell to 5 blacklisted postcodes I'd have to know the entire of the rest of the world's postcodes and input them only excluding the ones I don't want to sell to, rather than simply inputting the few I don't want to sell to? What a long way around, I can't believe there's no default feature for this! Thank you very much for your help and taking the time to reply, please pass this on as a suggested feature if possible. Thank you!
Old 02-14-2020, 04:36 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

This is Anastasia from Ecwid Support team.

I totally see your point here! We have an idea to add a feature to exclude certain regions and zip codes for a shipping zone. I added your request to the feature request list. Once we have any updates on this matter we'll get in touch with you with an update.

As for now, you can add all zip codes where you need to ship in the shipping zone settings. To simplify this process, so you won't need to add each zip code one-by-one, you can use wildcard symbols to build the list of zip codes:
“?” matches any single character,
“*” matches any number of characters, including zero. Spaces will be ignored.
“_” matches any number of spaces (at least one).

So, for example, if you want to create a shipping zone for all zip codes from 01010 to 01039, you can just add 010??? in the zip/postal code field. More details: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ng-methods-0-2

If you have any further questions — please, feel free to ask.

Tags
shipping, shipping address