The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:17 AM

How can I disable one shipping method for certain items?

I offer the International large envelope rate for my flat 2d paper items. Unfortunately, this means it is offered at check out for any 3d items that weigh under 1 pound. I have added an option to all 3d items that customers have to check which says, "I understand that I can not choose the International Envelope shipping rate as this item is 3 dimensional." However, even though they check that box, they insist on choosing the International Envelope rate for 3d items. It's driving me bonkers as I have to email them and ask for the correct package rate difference by sending them a PayPal invoice or delete the 3d items from their order and issue a refund. Isn't there anyway that we can select the shipping methods in the product listings so this doesn't happen? I want to go in to the 3d items and check that it can not go for the International Envelope rate.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:56 PM

Hello Stacy!

My name is Alex, Ecwid Customer Care team. Thank you for your request.

If I understand you correctly, you have a specific custom table shipping method which is used for two-dimensional products. The custom table has 0-14 oz. weight range, so some lightweight three-dimensional products fall into this custom table and, as a result, your customers can choose this shipping method for such products at the checkout.

At the moment built-in global shipping rates which can be set up in Control Panel → Settings → Shipping & Pickup can be assigned to a particular shipping zone but apply only for the whole product catalog. In other words, currently there is no built-in function to assign different shipping methods to different products. However, this request is popular among our customers and this feature is at the stage of development. I hope this feature will appear in Ecwid soon. I’ve added you to the mailing list so we could update you once it’s ready.

Still, there are some workarounds I can advise you in this situation.

You can change the weight range for the custom table shipping method you’re using to 0-0.1 oz and set up zero weight for all your two-dimensional products. I understand that this way you won’t be able to add $0.50 per each oz for two-dimensional products, as you currently do, however, you can set up an average shipping fee for such products (e.g. $9.00). This way shipping fee for all two-dimensional products will cost the same amount, however, it will be impossible for customers to use it for three-dimensional products, since such products weigh more than 0.1 oz.
You can rename the shipping method used only for two-dimensional products. Currently, it is called ‘U.S.P.S. First-Class International Envelope’. You can name it as ‘U.S.P.S. First-Class International Envelope (For Two-Dimensional Products only)’. This way it will be more evident for customers, that this shipping method can only be used for ordering two-dimensional products.

I hope this information helps. Let me know in case you have any further questions. I’ll be glad to assist. Please, also check out Shipping article for more details on how to set up shipping in Ecwid.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
choose, disable, methods, shipping