The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:07 PM

Bill Customers Shipping Account

Is there a way that customer can pick at checkout to use there own shipping carrier account so the shipping can be sent using the customers carrier .
Old 07-31-2017, 12:16 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello!
I'm Anna, Ecwid team, thank you for the message!

As far as I understand, you would like the customers to be able to select any custom shipping option for the orders placed in your store, so the order is shipped by the company they prefer, correct?

In this case, please let me tell you some more details on how shipping works in Ecwid.
There are several ways you can set up shipping rates for your store - it can be a flat rate shipping, a custom table shipping rates or the carrier-calculated shipping rates. Here are some more details on how to set up shipping in Ecwid: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...00479-Shipping

However, no matter which shipping option you select, Ecwid only lets you set the shipping cost for the order and charge your customers for it, the actual shipping of the package should be processed from your side. This is why it is possible to set only the shipping options you can use to ship your orders to the customers. If you have several shipping options available, your customers will be able to select the preferred one from the available methods on the Shipping Details page of the order.

In case you decide to use one of the available carrier-calculated methods and you already have your own account with the carrier company, you will be able to connect it to Ecwid to get the shipping rates. You will find the instructions here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...hippingmethods

I hope this information helps.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us back.
Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:37 PM

I have attached a image of what I am talking about, the way it works is that the customer can opt to use their own shipping account so then the cart would not charge them a shipping rate but allow the customer to charge the shipping to a third party account.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	-use-my-shipper-checkout-page.png
Views:	110
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	3768  
Old 08-01-2017, 09:59 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello!
Thank you for the details.

I'm sorry, currently there is no built-in Ecwid feature that allows the customers to use their own shipping accounts.
However, it might be possible to develop a custom solution for your store with the help of Ecwid API: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation. If you need technical assistance, you can hire a developer who can do this for you, or if you'd like, you can fill out this form: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv and our Customisation team engineers will be glad to help you develop a solution (if there is any), on a paid basis.
Thank you!

Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
shipping