The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:10 PM

Question

Multiple flat rates

I have a question.
I am wondering if you can set up different flat rate price for certain items? E.g. smaller items will be $9 shipping and larger items are $20, no matter where it's being shipped.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:27 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob490 View Post
I have a question.
I am wondering if you can set up different flat rate price for certain items? E.g. smaller items will be $9 shipping and larger items are $20, no matter where it's being shipped.
Hello!

Wendy with Ecwid team is here. Thanks a lot for getting in touch with us!

Yes, this is possible to set up individual fixed shipping rate for certain products in your store.

How to do it:

1. Open your Ecwid control panel and go to Catalog > Products. Open a certain product for editing and proceed to Tax and Shipping tab;
2. Select "Fixed rate per item" and put the shipping amount to the field.

Once you do this, Ecwid will charge a fixed shipping fee for each item of the product added to the cart.

I hope you will find this helpful.

If you have other concerns, please feel free to write me back and it will be my pleasure to assist you further. Have a wonderful day!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:41 PM

Default but...

would it continually place a charge for every item that is chosen.

lets say they buy 2 items that are $9 shipping and one item that's $20 shipping, instead of $29 would it come out to $38? cause if it does that's not good.
Is there a way to alter the invoice before customer pays?
Old 07-26-2017, 12:15 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob490 View Post
would it continually place a charge for every item that is chosen.

lets say they buy 2 items that are $9 shipping and one item that's $20 shipping, instead of $29 would it come out to $38? cause if it does that's not good.
Hello,

Thank you for your message! I'd be happy to help you with it.

Quote:
Indeed, if you set up a fixed rate per item as $9, the rate for 2 items will be calculated as $18. If a customer buys such products and a product with $20 rate per item, the total shipping rate will be calculated as $38.

Yet, I have a workaround for you.

You may want to use Custom table as a shipping method in your store. This method allows setting individual rates by weight or/and subtotal. Also, you should add one more condition to that table - product weight. And at the same time, you should set up the proper weight for your products. As a result, different shipping rates will be calculated for different products, like this:

More info here.

Quote:
Can you please elaborate this point? What exactly do you want to achieve?

Basically, you can edit an order right in your control panel. Yet, you can do it after placing the order in your store. We have the detailed step-by-step instruction how to do it here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...it-your-orders

I hope this helps.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
flat rate, shipping