The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:46 PM

shipping tax

Hi All

I have a question on Vat on Shipping.

We sell coffee, in the UK there is no vat on this.

On our shipping there is.
20%

I am having difficulty in setting this up..
Can someone please shed some light on this
Thanks

Kind regards

Jonathan
Old 05-15-2017, 04:34 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello, Jonathan.

Thank you for contacting Ecwid customer care!

Unfortunately, there is no out of the box feature to tax only shipping in Ecwid.

There are several workarounds to this:

Handling fee

I see, that your shipping costs 8.5 pounds. You can set up a handling fee, which will be applied per order in the amount of 1.7 pounds. To set it up, you need to go to your Control Panel > Settings > Shipping & Pickup > Scroll down for a bit to see the Handling Fee set up field. You can name it "Shipping Tax". See the screenshot:

Handling fee is a feature, that is available on paid plans. Please, see the article on the feature: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...-Handling-fees

Add on your tax to shipping

If you don't need to separate shipping tax from shipping charges, you can just add on 20% to your shipping. And rename the shipping method "Shipping + 20% TAX".

Customisation service

At this particular moment I see only one way of getting this done right away, which is a custom script solution, created with the help of our Shipping API and JavaScript API. So, if you have a developer at hand, you can supply them with these docs for them to code it for you.

If you need assistance with this, our Customization Team will be happy to help you for an extra fee. If you are interested, please fill out this form: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv they will get back to you with the details.

Hope, this helps.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
shipping, tax