The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:54 AM

Is it possible to setup a shopping cart item without displaying separate prices but in the shopping bag, it just shows a grand total?

I just want a user to be able to select separate items without displaying a breakdown of the costs but just see a total price for the items selected.

I forgot to say that another way to do this could be a bundle price option, but I was just looking for flexibility for prospects.

Last edited by Alina Kirpicheva; 11-21-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Craig View Post
Is it possible to setup a shopping cart item without displaying separate prices but in the shopping bag, it just shows a grand total?

I just want a user to be able to select separate items without displaying a breakdown of the costs but just see a total price for the items selected.

I forgot to say that another way to do this could be a bundle price option, but I was just looking for flexibility for prospects.
Hi!

As I understand you want to hide individual product prices on the shopping cart page.
In order to do it you should add the following code to the end of your custom CSS theme (In your Ecwid Control Panel-> System Settings-> Design)
Code:
td.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-cell-price, td.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-cell-subtotal, 
td.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-headerCell-price,
td.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-headerCell-subtotal {
display:none;
}
More about CSS in Ecwid: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853257/CSS%20Faq

You will also find some useful information about hiding prices in this thread: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9820
Old 11-21-2013, 09:57 PM

Cool You can still see the price

Thank you for your help. I did actually think of doing that, but I know if you still look at the source code, you can still see the price.

Any other suggestion? I appreciate your support with this.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your help. I did actually think of doing that, but I know if you still look at the source code, you can still see the price.

Any other suggestion? I appreciate your support with this.
Ecwid is added to site as widgets. Widget is a javascript code which loads all the necessary store data (HTML, CSS...) from our servers, and you can see only the widget code in the source code of your site.
If you hide the prices in CSS, they won’t be seen in the source code, and it would be rather difficult for usual customer to find them.
To see the price customers needs to:
1) at least be aware that prices should be somewhere on the page
2) know that it is hidden via CSS
3) check the elements using an inspect tool in the browser and locate proper CSS style...
I’m not sure regular users would do that.

Could you, please, explain why you want to completely hide prices? Do you want to hide them everywhere except for subtotal on the shopping cart page? If so, how will customers know the price of products they are going to buy?
The Following User Says Thank You to Alina Kirpicheva For This Useful Post:
Stanley Craig (11-24-2013)
Old 11-24-2013, 09:31 PM

"Could you, please, explain why you want to completely hide prices? Do you want to hide them everywhere except for subtotal on the shopping cart page? If so, how will customers know the price of products they are going to buy?"

Basically what I want to do is get a user to select what they want in the shopping cart, then the cart to just added up a total for what was selected. I would like this option as I don't want our competition to see the makeup of our individual pricing, but see only a selected "bundled price". The customer does not need to see individual pricing but just a total price. The products they will be selecting would be product + Support options for example.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
"Could you, please, explain why you want to completely hide prices? Do you want to hide them everywhere except for subtotal on the shopping cart page? If so, how will customers know the price of products they are going to buy?"

Basically what I want to do is get a user to select what they want in the shopping cart, then the cart to just added up a total for what was selected. I would like this option as I don't want our competition to see the makeup of our individual pricing, but see only a selected "bundled price". The customer does not need to see individual pricing but just a total price. The products they will be selecting would be product + Support options for example.
Thank you for explanation.

I believe product options can also be useful for you.
Product options allow adding some properties to particular products and change order subtotal according to options customer selects.
I.e. you can create one base product and add other products as options.
For each option you can add price modifier (e.g. +$5).
When selecting options on product page, customer will not see the changes in base price, but he will see the result price in the shopping bag.
Please, refer to this article for more information about product options:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853269/...our%20products

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alina Kirpicheva For This Useful Post:
Stanley Craig (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 09:40 PM

Thank you. I think you have provided excellent support. Have a good day.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
costs, shopping cart