The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:48 PM

How to change a fixed price to an hourly rate

Hi,

I am entering a new service into my catalog but I can't find an option to change the fixed price to an hourly rate.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious Jim Records View Post
Hi,

I am entering a new service into my catalog but I can't find an option to change the fixed price to an hourly rate.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance
Hello!

Thanks a lot for your message!

Ecwid allows a store owner to create flexible product prices. There are a few ways to set hourly rate for your products.

1 - If you know for sure that your service takes certain period of time, you can offer your customers several options to choose from. For example, it will take you from 1 to 3 hours to provide your service. In this case you can set up hourly rate as product price with the help of product options. I created a test product in my Ecwid store with the example settings:

How to do it:
  1. You need to go to your Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Product > select a product
  2. Set product price (rate per hour) and add a description (for example, “You may choose music production service by hourly rate.”)
  3. Go to “Options” tab and create a new option (for example, “Choose rate”)
  4. Set “Radio Buttons” as input type and add three selections:
  • “+$0” for 1 hour
  • “+$10” for 2 hours
  • “+$20” for 3 hours
Do not forget to set the first selection as a default.

The product price will be changed automatically according to the chosen option. With such settings, your customers who choose “a”, “b” or “c” selections, will purchase the music production service with appropriate rate. Notice that you can create numerous price variations using product options.

2 - One more option is to create a product "One hour of service". You customers will be able to enter the quantity while adding a product to bag. It will work for you, if your the service is charged for dozens of hours or you do not know how many hours your customers will want to buy.
In this case we recommend you to add proper product description in order to inform your clients that they need to enter the number of hours into the quantity field. The subtotal of the product will be displayed at the shopping cart page.

I hope this information will be helpful for you. Feel free to contact us anytime you want if any further questions appear!

We're always here and ready to help!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
costs, hourly rate, price