The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:49 PM

Atomic Cafe updated

Been using Ecwid since last October and it's going great! Have solicited comments here before on the store but just recently updated it significantly:

site: www.atomicafe.com
store page: www.atomicafe.com/webstore.html

Design-wise it doesn't look terribly different but I entirely rewrote the html to bring it from a table-based design (I first learned html in 1997 and changed little about my designing for 14 years!) to a standards-compliant, strict xhtml css layout.

There are still a few things I know I want to tweak but always welcome feedback if you see something that should be addressed.

Just as an aside, I was interested to notice that the Ecwid store incorporates the custom paragraph font I use with the @fontface function ... yet another way in which one can make their ecwid store that much more personalized, custom fonts. Cool!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:24 AM

I think your website looks great! And the Ecwid shop is perfectly integrated.

My initial thought to the main website when first glancing at it is to label "Webstore" something else like "Shop Now" since it didn't catch my eye right away... but with all the other information you have on your site, I'm guessing you'd want your customers to look at those first anyway.

How were you able to make your shop narrow? Was that something that happened automatically for you when embedding the code there?
Old 06-18-2011, 01:16 PM

Hey Atomic, you've solved a little problem for me!
Just noticed you have set the shopping bag icon in the left column, what a great and effective solution versus the floating bag.

Hoe you won't mind I copy this for my own site now ;-)
Old 06-18-2011, 05:39 PM

WoodYouLike,
by all means copy whatever you like!

Button,
thanks for the feedback. I guess I'm not especially concerned to make the shop stand out too much but I'll still make it a consideration that I'll bounce off my coworkers here. As far as designing a narrow Ecwid store that does happen mostly automatically. I had designed the site long before I found Ecwid (before the company existed in fact) and basically just plugged the Ecwid code into the right place and it was largely good to go. Had to tweak the css for some padding I think and actually have to do a little tweak here or there since my last site update. For instance, I left a little less space in my main content column than used to be there and that has meant the site no longer displays the checkmark that signifies an item is already in the shopping bag ... not sure how to get that worked out quite yet but I'll figure it out eventually I'm sure.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:08 AM

Hi Adam,

That's understandable.. some people already do well at their retail location so they don't need to draw much attention to their online shop.

I think you're shop is one of the best I've seen so far that has Ecwid in it. They should use your site as an example for people interested in using Ecwid.

As for the checkmark, I see you have yours working. I'm trying to figure out how to change it's color.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:34 PM

One of the best Ecwid Installations I've seen :-)
Old 06-27-2011, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Regarding the visibility of the shop, it's not so much that we don't want to encourage sales (far from it!) It's just that we're in a relatively niche market where I expect the people who are going to buy product at our price points aren't just stumbling on our site but they come *intending* to purchase. And while the shop doesn't jump out at anybody, it's certainly not hard to find either. So for those people that are going to buy our coffee and not scoff at the price being several times more expensive than the mass market stuff, I think there's nothing in the way and sales have been respectable enough to make us happy.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.