The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:39 AM

Different Content on Storefront and Productdetail Page

Hello everyone,

I am setting up a new store and haven't figured out yet, how I can integrate content on the storefront (Textboxes, Testemonials, Videos etc.) which is not shown again on the product detail page. Shouldn't there be an easy way to keep the content on those pages independet from each other?

I tried to disable the content on the Product detail pages via CSS, but I was not successful picking the right class nor ID for this I guess:

This is an extract of my CSS code so far (the rest is just working fine):

/*ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*/
/*Changes to Product Detail Page*/
/*ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*/

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage .strc1 {
display: none;
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage#comp-jqa8ewse {
display: none;
}

Thanks in advance and have a great new years eve.
Marcel
Old 01-12-2019, 07:26 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi, Marcel!

I’ve responded to your question by email as well to explain in detail why making changes to different Ecwid pages is difficult when using Wix as a site builder.

In short, because of Wix's iframe structure it treats Ecwid as one embedded element and can’t communicate with separate parts of it. If you add an element to your site in the Wix editor the CSS code you add to your Ecwid store will not be able to affect those elements. That is why we recommend making overall design changes in the Wix editor and design changes to category and product pages in Ecwid.

If you still have questions, please feel free to respond to the email I’ve sent you. Thank you!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
content, css, productdetail page