The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:14 PM

Sorry, the requested product is not available

Hi I can't find the reason for my store returning error "Sorry, the requested product is not available" on any of the threads.

In Joomla it works when I link component "eShop Default Layout" directly to a menu but if I try put in the link from another component like this:

index.php?option=com_eshop&view#!/Step-Forward-Soft-Step/p/47059245/category=12289066

or even put in the full url with domain prefixed to above url in browser.

then it returns the "Sorry, the requested product is not available" error.

The puzzling thing is that it was working a couple of days ago. I have made changes to the site but my suspicion is that eshop is not allowing me to create this direct link.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:43 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hickley View Post
Hi I can't find the reason for my store returning error "Sorry, the requested product is not available" on any of the threads.

In Joomla it works when I link component "eShop Default Layout" directly to a menu but if I try put in the link from another component like this:

index.php?option=com_eshop&view#!/Step-Forward-Soft-Step/p/47059245/category=12289066

or even put in the full url with domain prefixed to above url in browser.

then it returns the "Sorry, the requested product is not available" error.

The puzzling thing is that it was working a couple of days ago. I have made changes to the site but my suspicion is that eshop is not allowing me to create this direct link.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello Alan,

Ecwid Customer Care team here. Thanks for your post!

I've checked your website and see why this is happening. Currently you have the Ecwid plugin for Joomla installed there, but you have an incorrect Store ID in the settings of the plugin.

Basically there's now default Store ID there, of our Demo store: 1003. So, the demo store shows up:

You're trying to open a product with a link that ends with this:

This link has a Product ID which is a reference to a product in your store: 47059245

This product simply does not exist in our Demo store, which is why you're getting the error saying that the product is not available.

So, basically you just need to change the Store ID in the plugin settings, to the one that is yours. You can find the correct Store ID in your Ecwid Control Panel, bottom-left corner of it.

Check on how to set your Store ID in the plugin in video instructions, at about 0:36.

In the meantime I also see that your product is installed correctly to the website as a Single Product widget and there's a direct link leading to it, which is:

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=114#!/Step-Forward-Soft-Step/p/47059245/category=12289066

Hope this helps. Please let me know if any further assistance on this is required.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
eshop, joomla, not available, requested product