Old 01-08-2020, 05:24 PM

Can I make products links actually go to the link and not just load via Ajax?

I am using the store widget. Is it possible to use the widget, but when a user clicks a product link, instead of just loading that product via ajax, it actually goes to the link for the product? I want this so I can set custom headers per product for SEO and marketing reasons. So instead of loading the product with ajax and updating the URL bar, I actually want it to link to the page, even though its the same html page. I am using SEO friendly URLs to htaccess.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:18 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there! Thanks for reaching us out. My name is Grace, Ecwid Team. I'll be happy to help you!

Quote:
Is it possible to use the widget, but when a
user clicks a product link, instead of just loading that product via ajax, it
actually goes to the link for the product?
Can you please provide me with more details on how you'd like to make it work and why do you need it for your store? Do you want to make redirects to another pages? Thank you! Looking forward to your reply!

Quote:
I want this so I can set custom
headers per product for SEO and marketing reasons.
You can write titles and meta-descriptions for each of your products what affects SEO and help search engines (like Google) to show your products upper in search results. A good title and description can attract customers with clearly articulated search results. You can set up title and description in your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products > Edit Product > SEO: https://ecwid.d.pr/PFA0mw.

If you are interested in it more, please refer to the following articles:

Write the titles and meta-descriptions for your products;

Adding custom meta tags to product pages.

Hope it was helpful! If any further questions arise, feel free to reach us out again. We will be glad to assist.

Ecwid Customer Care team
Old 01-09-2020, 09:12 AM

So I'm having a problem with Google indexing my site. If I do a search for "site:mydomain.com" all the titles are the same. Also, in Google Search console, it's skipping some pages for having the same canonical url. However, if I check it, I can see that is correct when I go directly to the page. My store widget is on shop.php with htacces pointing it to /shop/product-name-p123456. All I want is, instead of loading the product after click using ajax, it just directs the the SEO friendly URL. So it is a real page load.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:34 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi Tony,

Thank you for contacting Ecwid support!

Ecwid is an AJAX application, I am afraid we can't eliminate its elements completely. We would like to investigate the issue with canonical URLs further—as I see our agent Anna G. has already sent you an email asking for more details that could help us with the investigation. Please check your inbox, we are waiting for your response.

Thanks!

Tags
link, seo