The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Webpartner

I'm using this method to index my store and these are the results. As you can see, Google is picking up the title, description, and it's starting to index richer data like the price, results on a page, etc.

Also, the Sitemap Generator app has been updated to generate clean URLs.

Last edited by John R Perry; 02-26-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:48 PM

That's promising!
I'll go ahead and submit the Ecwid product sitemap (awesome app btw) and google fetch. And, keep an eye out for results.
Thanks!
Old 03-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM.ca View Post
I have a support ticket open because they do not work on my wordpress site. I get a wordpress error whenever I refresh the page or paste a clean url into another tab. THe load initially but on refresh or re-paste the url gives an error.

I shut it off until support can fix it. It must be more something more advanced because its been with support for a few days now.
It's Edward from Ecwid Team. I'd like to give a heads-up regarding this situation. This issue has one of the highest priority for us at the moment, so we are working hard to fix it. Unfortunately, it appears to be more complicated than we initially thought, as a result, it might take a bit more time to fix it. We'll update you the moment it's done. Thank you for understanding.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward M. View Post
It's Edward from Ecwid Team. I'd like to give a heads-up regarding this situation. This issue has one of the highest priority for us at the moment, so we are working hard to fix it. Unfortunately, it appears to be more complicated than we initially thought, as a result, it might take a bit more time to fix it. We'll update you the moment it's done. Thank you for understanding.
Is it unique to my site or are other sites affected as well?
I hope its not something unique only affecting my site because that can be aggravating to fix.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM.ca View Post
Is it unique to my site or are other sites affected as well?
I hope its not something unique only affecting my site because that can be aggravating to fix.
No, it doesn't affect only you. It affects the websites that have Ecwid store as their home page. We know what's wrong, it will just take a bit of time to fix it. For now, these websites work absolutely fine with disabled SEO-friendly URLs.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:05 PM

Joomla please. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2017, 03:19 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrology University View Post
Joomla please. Thanks!
Hello!

Thanks a lot for your message!

We're already working on this feature for our Joomla plugin. We will update this thread as soon as it is implemented.Please, stay tuned!

For now it is possible to enable Clean URLs manually on your website. This will require a few changes in the Ecwid integration code and server setup. Developer documentation is available here: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-doc...-friendly-urls If you need a professional help with such customization, you may want to hire a developer. In Ecwid, we offer a customization service on a paid basis. If you are interested in, please fill in the form for quote: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv

I hope this helps you. If you need any other assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 03-15-2017, 01:57 AM

We use Ecwid on Wordpress for a few of our online stores. What is the the ETA on getting the SEO-friendly URLs working for Wordpress sites? Not having this is really killing our SEO efforts.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Botanicals View Post
We use Ecwid on Wordpress for a few of our online stores. What is the the ETA on getting the SEO-friendly URLs working for Wordpress sites? Not having this is really killing our SEO efforts.
Hello,

thanks for your message!

We have already added this feature to our official plugin, so you're welcome to enable it! Here's how:

- Go to your WordPress admin → Ecwid store → Advanced.
- Check the "SEO friendly clean URLs" option.
- Save the changes — there's a button at the bottom.

That's it.

Hope this was helpful! Feel free to write back if there are any further questions.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 03-15-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria L. View Post
Hello,

thanks for your message!

We have already added this feature to our official plugin, so you're welcome to enable it! Here's how:

- Go to your WordPress admin → Ecwid store → Advanced.
- Check the "SEO friendly clean URLs" option.
- Save the changes — there's a button at the bottom.

That's it.

Hope this was helpful! Feel free to write back if there are any further questions.
Yeah, no, I realize the option is in the Advanced menu in Wordpress, but it doesn't actually do anything. The store still uses the #! links. From earlier comments in this thread, it sounded like you were aware that it didn't work and were actively working on a solution.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
clean urls, seo