The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:50 PM

Exclamation

Product details pages not being indexed by Google.

My site is custom built on the Wordpress platform. My store is http://www.lindallleatherworks.com/c...=addedTimeDesc. This page is indexed by Google. For instance, if I search "lindall designs and constructs its cases and wallets" it comes up.

However, if I go to a product detail page such as http://www.lindallleatherworks.com/c...=0&id=24414237, this page is not coming up in Google when searching for various phrases from the page.

One SEO I spoke to told me spiders can't crawl past the "&" in the URL, which means the product ID and the URL structure provided by ECWID is not SEO friendly.

could you please look over my site and let me know what is missing? what additional steps do we need to take?

Developers have looked over the following suggestions from the support forum and confirmed these steps have been implemented. http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=82793 and http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=54227

As a note, I did purchase the basic plan a week after launch, but it has been several weeks now, so I feel confident the site should have been crawled again and my store should be seen by now.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:21 PM

Greetings:

I would suggest to add the following META TAG in the HTML source of your page if it is not already there. The meta tag is placed in between the <head> </head> tags.

<META NAME="robots" CONTENT="index follow">

When you add this robot tag on the first index (or default) page, you are instructing the spider that you desire your entire website to be crawled. Make sure that on every page relevant meta tags are added. Add keywords and phrases that are relevant and correspond to the text and the language on that specific page. This will take some time to add specific meta tags to each page, but in time you will notice a difference in your ranking.

Meta description is very important. It shows your description tag as well as adding a better and more relevant text, hence people are more likely to click on the link which provides a better CTR (Click Through Rate). CTR has a great influence on your ranking. However, please note that Google ignores the use of Meta tags (as far as I know at this time), and currently will only index Google Meta Tags.

Also, I would strongly suggest also to use a robot.txt. The text defines what you desire to be included or excluded in search engines.

Finally, I suggest that the first sentence on your web pages (allowed spiders to crawl) to be carefully crafted and well-written. I have noticed in the case of my store that Google uses my first sentence in every instance.

If one desires to learn more about how Google crawls websites, check out this link.

Your leatherwooks look very interesting!

Bill

Last edited by greekman; 06-25-2013 at 07:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to greekman For This Useful Post:
Maya (06-26-2013)
Old 04-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Ecwid Team

We added SEO friendly URLs to Ecwid. Now Ecwid CMS plugins include the following SEO features as a built-in functionality:
- SEO-friendly URLs
- Meta tags (title, description, canonical tags)
- Microdata markup of the product and categories pages for better looking search snippets

All of the mentioned are included into the new versions of our plugins for:
- Wordpress
- Joomla
- Drupal

Our Wordpress plugin also integrates with the Google XML sitemap plugin to let you easily create sitemaps with links to your products and categories.

Also, there is a PHP code example that will help if you run a custom-made PHP site and want to make your Ecwid store indexable by search engines. Learn more in our SEO article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...es/1161241-seo

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 06-13-2016, 01:32 AM

Am I correct to understand that you entered your product page on the ecwid store and chose HTML format then coded the page just like any other?
I have used meta tags and the Open Graph protocols on my existing site as I update.
I am hoping to find a place to add those key SEO tags to ecwid pages as well.
Please advise. Thank you.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:53 AM

Default Ecwid & Web Pages

Greetings Ann:

Please excuse my late reply today; for I am out touring on my bicycle and setup camp a few minutes ago.

Ann, unless things have drastically changed since I have been out on the road, one does not build a webpage or website by using Ecwid; in my case, Ecwid is the interface between the purchaser and my payment gateway which is PayPal. PayPal is the service I use to process all of my customers' money transfers from their bank to mine. Of course there are also other payment gateways from which to choose, such SECPay, WireCard; Protx; Datacash; pppay.com; Google Checkout, etc.. Ecwid has absolutely nothing to do with the transference of money as it has nothing to do with building a webpage or website.

If you do not know CSS to build a webpage or website, then you can use WordPress, Facebook, Joomla, etc. to build your site. After you have built a webpage, then you integrate Ecwid's code on that page as the INTERFACE between you and the payment gateway of your choosing.

Could I receive payments without using Ecwid? Sure. But at the time of sale I want my customers to receive immediate instructions how to secure their on-line product. Ecwid provides an easy means for me to do this as a paying customer.

Also because I sell E-goods (PDF documents), I am able to upload them to Ecwid's server. If you look at a page such as the Master Diagram Collection, look for the green tab at the page's top that says, "My Account." The "My Account" is linked to Ecwid so that my customers can download the diagrams 24/7/365 days a year, and the means by which they view all diagrams' updates. It is absolutely slick.

Even though I am travelling the US by bicycle (presently near Hamilton, MT), Ecwid makes it possible for me to keep earning money so that the wheels can keep spinning.

Ann, I hope this helps. As far as SEO, please ask an Ecwid customer assistant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greekman For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (06-13-2016), smartMart (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 12:54 PM

Default SEO for ECWID shopping pages

Hello there,

Thank you for your reply. I use Dreamweaver to build pages - ecwid as the gateway. I chose this as all search engines now demand a "phone first" or "mobile friendly" page for good engine placement.

I saw your site - very clean, and very easy to navigate. (As best I can tell, It is not yet optimized to be mobile friendly. I did view your site on my android.)

I was asking a different question entirely and did contact support. Apparently their product pages are AJAX - and thus we are not able to optimize an eciwd product page the way we would a regular page ( OG protocol, schema, meta tags etc.)

Using the single item cart enables us to keep our optimized pages.

Happy cycling.

Ann
Old 06-13-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann George View Post
Am I correct to understand that you entered your product page on the ecwid store and chose HTML format then coded the page just like any other?
I have used meta tags and the Open Graph protocols on my existing site as I update.
I am hoping to find a place to add those key SEO tags to ecwid pages as well.
Please advise. Thank you.
Ecwid is an Ajax app. In practice this means that Ecwid is builtin to a page of your site where it deploys the store.

In other words, in Ecwid there are no HTML pages as such. Instead, HTML of the page where your Ecwid store is installed is updated on-the-fly to simulate loading of the pages inside the store. Product pages are generated by Ecwid, and the meta tags (title and description) are taken from the product/category names and description. That is, you do not have to edit anything, we take care of this. The information (meta title, this is what you are concerned with) which is given to Google from your store, contains product description, product name, product options etc.

We plan to add the feature of adding custom meta data (such as titles, f.ex.). The feature is being developed, but there is no ETA at the moment. In any case, your store will be crawled with the info you have in it now.

If you still want to have absolute control over HTML and tags of the page, I can advise you to create custom pages in your store. You can add products with the help of our single product widget. Thus you will be able to control every aspect of your store.

Last edited by Tara K; 06-15-2016 at 06:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tara K For This Useful Post:
Ann George (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekman View Post
Greetings Ann:

Please excuse my late reply today; for I am out touring on my bicycle and setup camp a few minutes ago.

Ann, unless things have drastically changed since I have been out on the road, one does not build a webpage or website by using Ecwid; in my case, Ecwid is the interface between the purchaser and my payment gateway which is PayPal. PayPal is the service I use to process all of my customers' money transfers from their bank to mine. Of course there are also other payment gateways from which to choose, such SECPay, WireCard; Protx; Datacash; pppay.com; Google Checkout, etc.. Ecwid has absolutely nothing to do with the transference of money as it has nothing to do with building a webpage or website.

If you do not know CSS to build a webpage or website, then you can use WordPress, Facebook, Joomla, etc. to build your site. After you have built a webpage, then you integrate Ecwid's code on that page as the INTERFACE between you and the payment gateway of your choosing.

Could I receive payments without using Ecwid? Sure. But at the time of sale I want my customers to receive immediate instructions how to secure their on-line product. Ecwid provides an easy means for me to do this as a paying customer.

Also because I sell E-goods (PDF documents), I am able to upload them to Ecwid's server. If you look at a page such as the Master Diagram Collection, look for the green tab at the page's top that says, "My Account." The "My Account" is linked to Ecwid so that my customers can download the diagrams 24/7/365 days a year, and the means by which they view all diagrams' updates. It is absolutely slick.

Even though I am travelling the US by bicycle (presently near Hamilton, MT), Ecwid makes it possible for me to keep earning money so that the wheels can keep spinning.

Ann, I hope this helps. As far as SEO, please ask an Ecwid customer assistant.
Hello,

Your store is a good example of how one can organize his workflow with Ecwid. Thank you for the positive feedback, I’ve passed it to my team, they were very glad to receive it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tara K For This Useful Post:
smartMart (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 11:47 AM

I find it sad that all these options (plug ins) are only available for Wordpress users. I build with Dreamweaver. It seems I am left out of all the lovely options?
I think that should be made VERY clear before one buys.

Thank you.
All my clients love the service. I am using single item carts to over come the lack of user defined indexing options.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Hello there,

Thank you for your reply. I use Dreamweaver to build pages - ecwid as the gateway. I chose this as all search engines now demand a "phone first" or "mobile friendly" page for good engine placement.

I saw your site - very clean, and very easy to navigate. (As best I can tell, It is not yet optimized to be mobile friendly. I did view your site on my android.)

I was asking a different question entirely and did contact support. Apparently their product pages are AJAX - and thus we are not able to optimize an eciwd product page the way we would a regular page ( OG protocol, schema, meta tags etc.)

Using the single item cart enables us to keep our optimized pages.

Happy cycling.

Ann
Quote:
I find it sad that all these options (plug ins) are only available for Wordpress users. I build with Dreamweaver. It seems I am left out of all the lovely options?
I think that should be made VERY clear before one buys.

Thank you.
All my clients love the service. I am using single item carts to over come the lack of user defined indexing options.
Hello Ann,

Concerning Greekman’s site not being optimized for mobile devices. If needed, it’s possible to use Bootstrap, Wordpress or Joomla as they ensure a site being mobile friendly.

Basically Ecwid was designed to be built into sites. Ecwid can be installed almost everywhere, here is the list of installation instructions for different platforms and social networks: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/s...d-to-Your-Site
Actually you don’t need a plugin. Plugin has some features builtin to easen the installation process. But all features which are builtin in a plugin can be always added to a site manually.

There is no plugin for Dreamweaver, but it’s possible to paste Ecwid code into the HTML source of the page. You can continue using Ecwid with Dreamweaver and at the same time have your store fully optimized for SEO.

You also asked me about the way Google crawlers work. Since autumn 2015 Google crawlers can execute JavaScript. Thus, they can crawl AJAX content as well.

I have checked your store at http://www.anngeorge.com/MysticStore/shopping_bag.html. Google indexes it. You can check the result by googling your site: site:anngeorge.com/MysticStore/shopping_bag.html

But I see that not all pages of your store are indexed yet. Google crawlers working with new technology need time to index all of your pages (this is because Google technology is new).
Let me please suggest you something optional, but this can be of use. You can get registered in Google webmaster tools. Optionally, if you want to force the indexing process, you can submit there your sitemap. So Google crawlers will be finding your site via sitemap.

How to make a sitemap:
  1. You can create it with the help of a ready-made sitemap generator (f.ex. XML-sitemaps.com, Online XML sitemap generator and others).
  2. You can create a sitemap manually. To get links to all of your products at once, you can export them all from your Ecwid store, but export not all info about them -- only product URLs. For this you should go to your Ecwid Control Panel -> Catalog -> Products and press Export all link. In the opened popup you should deactivate all fields but one, Product URL. Thus you will get a file with the links to all of your products. You can use this file for sitemap creation.

And here are some tips which can help attract your customers.
https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...SEO#FurtherSEO

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
google indexing, seo, store not indexed