The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:33 PM

SEO for Joomla

I read that SEO is automatic with the Joomla plug in, but I don't see a plug in in either Joomla or Ecwid. I only see the instructions to embed the Ecwid store code into a Joomla page. How can I make sure that SEO is set up on my Joomla.com site? Thanks!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:13 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Rose1 View Post
I read that SEO is automatic with the Joomla plug in, but I don't see a plug in in either Joomla or Ecwid. I only see the instructions to embed the Ecwid store code into a Joomla page. How can I make sure that SEO is set up on my Joomla.com site? Thanks!
Hi Stacy,

thank you for your message.

In Ecwid extension for Joomla we have a special AJAX crawling scheme implemented that makes the store content, rendered by Javascript code, indexable automatically.

Please, make sure that you have made all these steps for installing Ecwid extension for Joomla: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...lationandsetup

When the extension is installed and the store is live, allow the search engines a couple of weeks to index the store content on your website. After 2-3 weeks of the store being published online, you can check the indexed pages by typing in "site:www.yourdomain.com" into Google search bar.

By the way, since October 2015 Google started to natively index the Javascript content on the pages. So basically the store should be indexed, even if it's embedded with a code.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:09 PM

I was using Joomla.com not Joomla.org so the link says to click on Joomla.com instructions and there is no way mentioned to add the plug in with the hosted site. However, do I understand correctly that Google will now index the content no matter what site it is on without any plug ins or php files? I am currently using webs.com and was only going to transfer to Joomla.com because of the SEO problem. Webs doesn't have php abilities. If Google now indexes everything automatically, I don't have to worry about it.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:26 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Rose1 View Post
do I understand correctly that Google will now index the content no matter what site it is on without any plug ins or php files?
Hi Stacy,

Google can now index a content that is delivered to your site dynamically by means of Javascript. It means that your Ecwid store can be indexed by Google even if you do not use Google AJAX indexing specification. I described how it works in the post on our forums. Please, have a look https://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35739

So, if you add your Ecwid store to a website that can be indexed by Google, your store will be indexed as well.

I inspected your store and found out that the link to your store is already indexed by Google. I created a special search query and entered it to the search bar at www.google.com

Code:
site:www.legendaryletters.com/digitalgoods.htm
Please, see the screenshot:

To my regret, the product and category pages have not been indexed yet. Please, consider the following options:

1) Wait till Google natively indexes your store.

2) Submit the link to your store to Google Webmaster Tools: www.google.com/webmasters/

Important note: if you'd like to use Google Webmaster Tools, you will need to verify the ownership of your website in Google first. Please, find the instruction describing the methods of verification in this article: https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/35179?hl=en

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ajax, google, joomla, seo