The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:36 AM

How to add H1 tag to product titles in Adobe Muse

Hello I am using Adobe Muse with Ecwid and I have noticed my rankings are not great. After having a look at my page source I can't find an H1 tag anywhere. Surely the product titles should be H1? How would I go about adding this?
Old 03-30-2016, 04:33 PM

The title should definitely be in H1 tags.

H1 tag is the main thought of your page, and should always contain keywords... There's going to be a few different pages you're going to need to look if using WordPress, but first - 99% of themes are made with this in mind... If you're dealing with a theme that hasn't added H1 tags to anything, there's also a good chance other aspects of the theme are not in order... For future scaling, pick a different theme.

Appearance > Editor

1. Pages - Your page template will need H1 tags around the title
2. Product / Blog post pages - Your specific listing pages, blog post pages, and product pages will need H1 tags
3. Archive pages - Archive or search results pages, H1.

Browse the HTML templates and navigate for the correct areas. It's tough to help without seeing the actual code, but you can find them, just make a duplicate of your code before making changes in case you break some PHP!
Old 03-31-2016, 01:19 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Barlow View Post
Hello I am using Adobe Muse with Ecwid and I have noticed my rankings are not great. After having a look at my page source I can't find an H1 tag anywhere. Surely the product titles should be H1? How would I go about adding this?
Hello,

Thanks a lot for contacting us!

Please, accept my apologies for keeping you waiting.

Jordan Alexander:

Thanks a lot for your reply!

As you fairly noticed, some of CMS like WordPress, Drupal or Joomla automatically get your store products to search results.

If you prefer another site builder and add Ecwid to this site, you should consider to use script for AJAX indexing, based on Google's suggestions for indexing. It works as follows: the script tracks escaped_fragment requests, and responds with an HTML snapshot of each product/category page to the crawler. Such snapshots construct the product info in the proper order which was advised by Google. So there is no need to add h1 tags to the source code manually.

Nikki Barlow:

A direct answer to your question: No, h1 should not be necessarily included to the source code of your site. In fact, there is another way to make sure that your site is indexed by Google correctly. Please, find the detailed answer below.

A few months ago Google indeed announced, that crawlers can finally execute JavaScript properly, so AJAX applications (and Ecwid is one of them) can now be crawled normally.

As it was announced recently, and only as a something like a "beta", we still keep recommending using the script for AJAX indexing we have, based on Google's previous suggestions for indexing. Basically, it detects the request, then gets product info via our API, and creates HTML snapshot with all product info organised and tagged according to schema.org. As a result, Google will see the product info like this:
Code:
<div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Product">
   <h2 class="ecwid_catalog_product_name" itemprop="name">Product name</h2>
   <p class="ecwid_catalog_product_sku" itemprop="sku">00003</p>
   <div class="ecwid_catalog_product_image">
As you can see, it uses h2 tag for the product name, as it is recommended.

To be on the safe side we would still suggest using the script, but if it's not an option (for example, if you're using a starter site or some site builder that offers its own hosting), the store will be indexed anyway, but only Google knows when (and they won't tell).
However, the time required could be really decreased via Google Webmaster Tools, so you could use it to make sure the indexing is done.

There is the detailed info about Google AJAX indexing for your Ecwid store and the instruction how to create/have the script in our Help Centre: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...ur-ecwid-store

Also I’d like to advise you this article about some measures that in most cases lead to better SEO: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...seo#FurtherSEO

I hope this information will be helpful for you. Please do not hesitate to reach us out if any support is needed.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid, h1tags, muse, seo