The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:59 AM

Question

How can I deliver a LINK as the deliverable? Egoods is only 'downloads.'

I searched Ecwid forums high and low and was surprised that I could not find the answer to this…

I do educational podcasts and I set them up to stream on private pages. They can be accessed if you have the link, but they are otherwise not on my site nor indexed by search engines.

I 'sell' most of these for zero $0 and would like to deliver links to these pages to my Ecwid shoppers. Unfortunately, the eGoods functionality only allows a 'downloadable file.' I do not want my shoppers to download a file, I want to deliver them a webpage LINK.

Is there a way to do this? It seems so simple.

If the eGoods "description input box" would allow HTML, I'd be all set. But it does not (best I can tell). Yes, I can put a link in as text within the eGood description, but it needs to be clickable.

So… what suggestions do you have?

I want my shoppers to go through the checkout process to get the LINK(s) so I have them in my customer database AND I want them to experience "checking out" (even if the sale is for $0).

Please help.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thank you for your request.

Unfortunately, Ecwid doesn't have deliverable links functionality, which allows to send customer a special link when the some items have been ordered.

As a workaround, you can create a custom script (using OrderAPI and Instant Order Notifications API, which will check for new orders and send custom notification, which will contain the link to required page, to customer’s email. You can also set different links depending on ordered products.

Similar cases were already discussed on the forums, e.g. in this thread: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7543

If you need a professional help with custom script development, I suggest you to contact with our partners from Qualiteam. Just send your request to sales@qtmsoft.com for quote.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
download link custom, egoods, link, membership