The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-02-2017, 02:43 PM

WIX product pages looks more professional then Ecwid

I have a WIX with my Ecwid. I thought the Ecwid would be the cart, shipping and payment. Now I find out that the products pages have to be on Ecwid. Ecwid product pages are so bad looking, to simple and very hobbie site looking. Wix product pages look so much much better.

This isn't good. If Ecwid is suppose to be a powerful platform, why wouldn't it's product pages superseded WIX's. ? I'm more concerned with having bad looking product pages with less style and description than the reason I purchased Ecwid.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Green Organics View Post
I have a WIX with my Ecwid. I thought the Ecwid would be the cart, shipping and payment. Now I find out that the products pages have to be on Ecwid. Ecwid product pages are so bad looking, to simple and very hobbie site looking. Wix product pages look so much much better.

This isn't good. If Ecwid is suppose to be a powerful platform, why wouldn't it's product pages superseded WIX's. ? I'm more concerned with having bad looking product pages with less style and description than the reason I purchased Ecwid.
Hello,

thanks for your message!

I am very sorry to hear that you have such impression about Ecwid. We will be happy to help you with design changes for your store. Could you please, detail what exact changes you want to make? How do you want to change your product pages?

Basically, in Ecwid you are able to customise the design of your store via CSS Themes and using these instructions: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...e-Ecwid-design

It is possible to create your own absolutely unique CSS theme for your Ecwid store. CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is a special language which will help you to define how each site element of the website should look. Please, refer to this article to find out how you can create your own Ecwid design theme: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...esign#owntheme

Then, you can customize it according to your needs, by adding CSS rules to this theme one by one. Currently, we have a lot of ready codes for customisation of Ecwid stores, you can find them here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/s...ize-Your-Store

If you face any difficulties with CSS codes or If you want to change something specific in your store, please, feel free to ask, we are always glad to help you with CSS codes!

Also, you may want to choose a custom theme, as there are plenty of solutions created by 3rd party developers. For example, you can generate your theme for free using e-shopdesigner service or you can buy it at Thematizr, Maristany. All you need to do is to choose a ready-made theme you like and to add it to your Ecwid store in your Ecwid control panel > Settings > Design > CSS Themes.

More info here: https://www.ecwid.com/apps/design

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Thanks!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 05-03-2017, 04:15 PM

Yes, I'm aware of all that. Do you understand the time and work involved in that? Do you get the WIX has it already built in. No work required, very easy to use, very little time. You can't compare the two. If Ecwid is inserted into WIX than I should be allowed to use my product pages for WIX and the Ecwid for the shopping cart, shipping, payments, taxes and invoices. Otherwise what is much of the purpose of having the WIX except the homepage? Ecwid needs to get up with the current trend and Shopify is leading the market now and it is far more easy to use. Just business models.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ecwid customer care.

Quote:
Do you understand the time and work involved in that? Do you get the WIX has it already built in.
We're sorry, that you did not like our design. We are constantly working to improve it, so our customers can make seamless changes in design. Ecwid tries to be flexible, but don't loose its own face. For example, recently, we've released the "Appearance" section in Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Design. See screenshot:

We will continue working in that direction, and soon, our merchants will be able to customize their store with less hassle.

We are now working on the new version of the storefront, it's close to being open for our merchants to test. But not quite yet. Once we work out the main bugs, we will start enabling the new storefront for our merchants, and you can be amongst those, who try it!

Quote:
If Ecwid is inserted into WIX than I should be allowed to use my product pages for WIX and the Ecwid for the shopping cart, shipping, payments, taxes and invoices.
Unfortunately, that would not be possible simply due to who WIX works, never mind Ecwid and WIX Stores are two different platforms per sae. WIX puts the elements on the page in an iFrame, which means elements do not communicate with each other, they are just detached.

I wish, it could be arranged, but there's just no way of doing that, sorry.

Please, ask further, if any questions arise.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
product pages, product style, wix store