The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:48 PM

Facebook and ECWID

How can we help you?

Please provide the link to your storefront: www.seadogjack.com

How can we help you?

Please provide the link to your storefront
www.seadogjack.com

Hello everyone, over the last number of years I've been trying to break into having an online webstore with mixed results. I had started out selling traditional shaving products using a web store on Weebly, but left that in favor of selling sunglasses which has worked for me in the local town markets, but I'm still struggling with the online store.

First off I have my url for seadogjack.com pointed to my ECWID starter page taking a "Keep It Simple" approach. However, when watching YouTube videos there is a lot of hype about using WordPress with plugins like Yoast, etc.

I set up a Facebook Page for my business and connected it to my ECWID site using the tools they provide. My theory was that, with the vast number of users on Facebook, that would be as good a place to build a site as anywhere right. Then I read comments about how that Facebook is over saturated and how that not everything is indexed to show up in Google search results, although I understand that Facebook Notes are, it seems everyone has an opinion.

How does ECWID handle SEO, is it automatic? Seeing that there isn't a lot to do with your ECWID site other than list your products, it can sit pretty idle while waiting for sales. Does this inactivity cause you to slide further down Google search results.

Here's what I would like to know:
1. Has anyone else successfully stuck with the ECWID Starter site and used a Facebook Business Page in place of a site on WIX, etc?
2. Are there any good resources that delve into the finer details of how ECWID works?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Paul!

I'm Edward from the Ecwid Team.

Thank you for the post. Please let me address your questions/concerns.

Quote:
First off I have my url for seadogjack.com pointed to my ECWID starter page taking a "Keep It Simple" approach. However, when watching YouTube videos there is a lot of hype about using WordPress with plugins like Yoast, etc.
An Ecwid Starter Site (Starter page) is an absolutely sufficient website and has all the necessary features and options. Generally, it's a good free solution to launch a fast and responsive e-commerce website.

At the same time, adding your Ecwid store to an external website like Wordpress, Wix, etc can be beneficial in cases when you are looking for more sitebuilder features like multiple pages, drag-n-drop content blocks, and so on.

Quote:
I set up a Facebook Page for my business and connected it to my ECWID site using the tools they provide. My theory was that, with the vast number of users on Facebook, that would be as good a place to build a site as anywhere right. Then I read comments about how that Facebook is over saturated and how that not everything is indexed to show up in Google search results, although I understand that Facebook Notes are, it seems everyone has an opinion.
Facebook is certainly a good way to generate sales, as we can see that a big chunk of sales our merchants generate comes from Facebook shops . Although it obviously depends on how popular your business page is, how you promote it, etc.

Furthermore, even though it sounds obvious, advertising on Google and Facebook is one of the most efficient ways to get sales. We have tools that allow you to advertise easily:

Quote:
How does ECWID handle SEO, is it automatic? Seeing that there isn't a lot to do with your ECWID site other than list your products, it can sit pretty idle while waiting for sales. Does this inactivity cause you to slide further down Google search results.
Most of the things are done automatically, though there are still some that you should do manually. You can learn more about them here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...-Starter-Sites

Quote:
1. Has anyone else successfully stuck with the ECWID Starter site and used a Facebook Business Page in place of a site on WIX, etc?
We have a lot of successful merchants who primarily use their store on the Starter site and Facebook page. But just having them as they are is not enough. I suggest taking the time to promote your store, Facebook page, advertise your products, and so on.

For example, I recommend checking our general guides on marketing and promotion:

Quote:
2. Are there any good resources that delve into the finer details of how ECWID works?
The best resource you can find about Ecwid is our Help Center: http://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us Almost all the features and options related to running an Ecwid store are covered there.

Hope this information helps!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Last edited by Karina Summer; 07-09-2020 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:59 PM

Well, that's just curiosity.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:35 AM

How you have set up your "Free" apps to work only under your subscription plans is what we call "Bait And Switch" here in the west. I shouldn't have spent as much time as I now have setting up through your system's builder only to hit your deceptive roadblock at the very end. That information should be upfront and reworded. If you are struggling to stay afloat I am sorry but if somebody is just getting used to nicer dinners upon your initial success than I abhor you and yours. Either way I feel like a sucker right now. Thanks. I will never forget this. Enjoy your steaks.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:43 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello!

I'm Dexter from Ecwid Customer Care team. Thank you for sharing your feedback here! We really appreciate you taking the time to it.

I'm extremely sorry to hear that you've got those feelings and I would like to address your concerns one by one:

Quote:
How you have set up your "Free" apps to work only under your subscription plans is what we call "Bait And Switch" here in the west.
All the apps in Ecwid (free or paid) require upgrading to one of the premium plans (except for the payment gateway apps, they can be installed on the Free plan as well).

I see your point and I believe we should think of placing the notice about this somewhere easier to get to. Thanks for bringing our attention to it!

Quote:
I shouldn't have spent as much time as I now have setting up through your system's builder only to hit your deceptive roadblock at the very end.
I'm sorry to hear that! Setting up a store should be fast and intuitive and we always try to provide it. In case if you need assistance, please, feel free to reach out to our Live Chat at this link. You can talk to a real human to get help. We'd love to chat with you!

Thanks for your feedback! You help us change the things to make it simpler for everybody. I will forward your thoughts to our Product Management team and they'll review it.

If you have questions, please, reach out to us via our Live Chat or at support@ecwid.com. We'll be happy to assist!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid, facebook