The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:10 AM

No products to select - just settle customer accounts

Hi,
I want to offer professional services, so there will be no products for customers to select. I just want them to be able to select their account and pay the outstanding balance. Can I do that with Ecwid? If so, how?

Andrew
Old 10-20-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Pingree View Post
Hi,
I want to offer professional services, so there will be no products for customers to select. I just want them to be able to select their account and pay the outstanding balance. Can I do that with Ecwid? If so, how?

Andrew
Hello!

A clarifying question, if I may: do you refer to the accounts, that your customers will create in your store, so you could keep track of their purchases, or do you plan to provide some kind of accounts as products in your online store?

Still it’s technically possible in both cases, altho first case scenario would require several workarounds, since Ecwid’s originally designed to be a store, to sell certain goods, no matter physical or digital.
But this can be done indeed, so let me start from the beginning:

It’s indeed possible to allow customers to create accounts in your “store” section (or you may even force them to do so to proceed with the purchase). So keeping track of the origin of purchase/payment won’t be an issue.

Now, if I understood you correctly, the prices of your services are decided upon individually, right?

If they were not, I could suggest creating products like, for instance “Creating basic custom WordPress website”, with set price and a commentary with instructions for potential client.

If they are, I can suggest a workaround: just create a product called (for example) “Pay me”, make it cost $1, and make it’s stock infinite (set by default). This way they could just “buy” as much “pay-me’s” as the sum you decided upon.

To make this look better I would strongly suggest creating a product that doesn’t require shipping and modifying your Ecwid layout a bit. This would allow you, for example, to hide “sku”, since you’ll hardly need it. For detailed instructions, please refer to this article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1178916

If you’d like to customize your store’s design further, please refer to this article for further reading: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...e-ecwid-design

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
account, service, settlement