The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 AM

Integrated Online Business

Hi all, first post so nice to meet you all!

I'm in the UK and looking to develop a web store on my existing modx powered website. So far ecwid is well in the lead as my shopping cart solution of choice.

I'm after an integrated solution on my website so please can anyone advise me on the following two points:

(1) integration of ecwid with accountancy software such as Sage or equivalent - can I import the CSV files directly in? Total novice with accounting so any advice appreciated.

(2) integration of ecwid with an email marketing manager... ideally something like openemm as its free. Again, novice with this, can I dump csv exports straight in?

Many thanks, chilliphili.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Phili View Post
Hi all, first post so nice to meet you all!

I'm in the UK and looking to develop a web store on my existing modx powered website. So far ecwid is well in the lead as my shopping cart solution of choice.

I'm after an integrated solution on my website so please can anyone advise me on the following two points:

(1) integration of ecwid with accountancy software such as Sage or equivalent - can I import the CSV files directly in? Total novice with accounting so any advice appreciated.

(2) integration of ecwid with an email marketing manager... ideally something like openemm as its free. Again, novice with this, can I dump csv exports straight in?

Many thanks, chilliphili.
In Ecwid you can export both orders and your customers to CSV files.
So technically, you can import them to your accountancy software and the marketing manager, if the software allows importing CSV files and selecting the import file format.

Also, the format of files to be imported to the marketing manager is usually simple. So, you will be able to export your customers, modify the CSV file slightly in Excel and import it then.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 06-15-2010, 05:57 PM

Many thanks Eugene, good to know.

Has anyone any experience of importing ecwid CSV files into a SaaS accountancy package called clearbooks? (http://www.clearbooks.co.uk). I'd like to be able to reconcile individual transactions against google checkout / paypal entries in my bank account...
Old 06-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Many thanks Eugene, good to know.

Has anyone any experience of importing ecwid CSV files into a SaaS accountancy package called clearbooks? (http://www.clearbooks.co.uk). I'd like to be able to reconcile individual transactions against google checkout / paypal entries in my bank account...
Does Clearbooks allow importing orders any way?

Old 06-16-2010, 02:36 PM

Apparently yes, I'm thinking of importing as invoices from a reformatted csv file as per:

http://www.clearbooks.co.uk/blog/201...e-import-tool/

Theory's great but wondering if anyone has any practical experience of doing this?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Theory's great but wondering if anyone has any practical experience of doing this?
Well, if nobody has done it yet, we can be the first : -)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.